BS Information Technologies with concentration in Web Design and Development
Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technologies with a concentration in Web Design and Development program is designed to teach students how to create and maintain compelling and user-friendly websites and mobile applications. Learn more about this online Bachelor of Science program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Information Technologies with a concentration in Web Design and Development
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Before enrolling in the Bachelor of Science in Information Technologies with a concentration in Web Design and Development program, aspiring students may have some computer knowledge. Strong critical thinking skills or creativity could also be helpful. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
SNHU's Bachelor of Science in Information Technologies with a concentration in Web Design and Development program was created to teach students the technical aspects of the web and guide them in developing interactive websites that meet the needs of their employers or clients. Students will be able to study the challenges in designing and maintaining websites as well as learn the steps to developing apps for mobile devices. Additional concentration courses explore the basic principles of digital commerce and e-business, XHTML and server-sided development, and the challenges in developing user-centered apps. Core information technologies courses cover topics in solving technology-related problems, project management, networks, and more in order to help students gain not only the technical abilities, but also the business knowledge and practical skills needed for IT careers.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Information Technologies with a concentration in Web Design and Development:
Information Technology Major Courses
- MAT 140: Precalculus
- OL 125: Human Relations in Administration
- OL 328: Leadership
- IT 145: Foundation in Application Development
- IT 200: Fundamentals of Information Technology
- IT 201: Computer Platform Technologies
- IT 210: Business Systems Analysis and Design
- IT 270: Web Site Design
- IT 315: Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- IT 328: Project Management in Information Technology
- IT 330: Database Design and Management
- IT 331: Human Factors in Information Technology
- IT 340: Network and Telecommunication Management
- IT 380: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- IT 385: Information Technology Communications
- IT 412: Cyberlaw and Ethics
- IT 415: Advanced Information Systems Design (Capstone)
- IT 420: Advanced Information Systems Implementation (Capstone)
- IT 489: Information Technology Portfolio Planning
Web Design and Development Concentration Courses
- IT 355: Web and Mobile User Experience
- IT 390: Mobile Apps Design and Development
- IT 431: Software Development in Distributed Systems
- IT 467: Digital Commerce and eBusiness
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
(Note: Students must take MAT 240 and ECO 201 as General Education requirements.)
- 6 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
After completing the Bachelor of Science in Information Technologies with a concentration in Web Design and Development offered online through SNHU, graduates could elect to pursue further education. Earning a master's degree may be important for career advancement or could help graduates gain a deeper understanding of the aesthetics and technical aspects of website design.
Possible master's degree options include:
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Web Design
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Software Application Development
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management
Graduates of this SNHU bachelor's degree program could be prepared to seek positions where they develop and maintain websites. They might pursue positions in web design firms or work in the IT department of private companies, non-profit organizations. or the government. Some of the positions that they could consider include:
- Web Developer
- Web Architect
- Web Designer
- Website Administrator
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!