MS in Criminal Justice
Students who wish to prepare for advanced positions or leadership roles in criminal justice may be interested in the Master of Science in Criminal Justice program offered by Southern New Hampshire University. Keep reading to learn more about this online Master of Science in Criminal Justice program.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Criminal Justice
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Potential applicants to SNHU's Master of Science in Criminal Justice may already have experience in the criminal justice or law enforcement fields. Individuals may also have a desire to learn more about criminal justice leadership and improve their decision-making and communication skills. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University master's degree programs must have already earned a bachelor's degree
SNHU's Master of Science in Criminal Justice program is designed to introduce students to leadership theories and practices used in the criminal justice system. Students have the opportunity to develop strategic management and ethical leadership skills as well as analyze criminological theories and current issues affecting the delivery of criminal justice and public safety services. Additionally, the program is designed to prepare students to assess the performance of an agency or organization, use quantitative and qualitative research to make decisions, and manage conflict within an organization or team. Electives allow students to focus their studies or learn more about an area of interest, such as emergency management, global terrorism, business law, or forensic psychology.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Criminal Justice:
Criminal Justice Required Courses
- CJ 500: Critical Issues in the Criminal Justice System
- CJ 510: Ethical Leadership in Criminal Justice
- CJ 520: Criminology and Public Policy
- CJ 550: Assessing Organizational Performance
- CJ 560: Courts and Judicial Process
- CJ 675: Data-Driven Decision-Making in Criminal Justice
- WCM 610: Introduction to Organizational Conflict Management
- CJ 790: Criminal Justice Capstone
- Select four courses from the following:
- CED 631: Housing Policy and Development
- CED 652: Community Building and Organizing
- COM 500: Communication, Media & Society
- COM 510: The Vantage Point: Knowledge & New Media
- COM 530: Law & Ethics: A Line in the Sand
- COM 600: Communication for Leadership
- JUS 606: Planning/Tactics: Homeland and WMD
- JUS 620: Emergency Management
- MBA 610: Business Law
- OL 676: Women in Leadership
- PSY 545: Forensic Psychology
- PSY 614: Psychology of Leadership
- PSY 624: Intersection of Law and Psychology
- QSO 500: Business Research
- CJ 530: Global Terrorism
- CJ 681: Terrorist Techniques and Counterterrorism
- CJ 682: Threat Assessment
- CJ 683: Intelligence Collection and Analysis
- PAD 630: Foundations of Public Administration
- PAD 631: Strategic Management in Public Service
- OL 600: Strategic Human Resource Management
- CJ 650: Public Safety Administration
After completing this online MS in Criminal Justice program, graduates should have the knowledge and skills needed to advance their current career, seek new positions or even help set public policy in a variety of public safety organizations and federal government agencies. Positions could also be available in state and local governments, law enforcement, corrections, social services, private security, or education.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!