DBA - Self-Design
University of the Southwest offers an online Doctor of Business Administration with Self-Design Specialization program for learners seeking a customized advance degree that can prepare them for greater responsibilities in the business arena. Read on for a program description.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration - Self-Design Specialization
School Offering Program:
University of the Southwest
Students who wish to apply to the online Doctor of Business Administration with a concentration in Self-Design program at University of the Southwest should have three years or more of business experience as well as a master's degree with at least a 3.0 GPA. Excellent communication and decision-making skills are necessary as is the ability to delegate and manage projects. All applicants to University of the Southwest graduate programs should have an undergraduate degree; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
The online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) with a Self-Design specialization from University of the Southwest is designed for professional administrators and business leaders. It's structured so as to allow students to choose specialization courses from among the Strategy and Innovation and the Leadership and Organizational Development concentration areas, to customize their curriculum according to their career aspirations. This means that program learners could, for example, choose concentration courses that cover topics in disruptive innovation strategies and transformational leadership or in strategic opportunities for innovation and nonprofit leadership. The self-design program also focuses itself on the executive problem-solving process and includes opportunities for mentorship and dissertation research.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact University of the Southwest's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration with a Self-Design Specialization
Students will need to earn 60 credits while enrolled in University of the Southwest's online Doctor of Business Administration - Self-Design program. It includes core, research, specialization, and dissertation courses. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of the Southwest to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Course Requirements (30 credit hours)
- Foundations in Action Research for the Scholar-Practitioner
- Multicultural Leadership in Global Organizations
- Data Analysis in Executive Decision-Making
- Information Technology in Global Competition
- Marketing Strategies: Competing in a Global Environment
- Strategic Planning for Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Contemporary Issues in Global Financial Management
- Organizational Dynamics and Human Behavior
- Quantitative Research Methods for Practical Application
- Qualitative Methods for Applied Business Research
Research Preparation Requirements (6 credit hours)
- Students choose one of the following:
- Seminar I - Components of the Dissertation
- Residency I - Dissertation Topic and Proposal
- Students choose one of the following:
- Seminar II - Literature Review
- Residency II - Dissertation Research Analysis and Findings
Specialization Course Requirements (12 credit hours)
- Students choose four of the following:
- Strategy, Innovation, and Uncertainty
- Disruptive Innovation in Organizational Strategy
- Creating Strategic Opportunities for Innovation
- Leading and Managing Change
- Nonprofit Leadership
- Ethical Leadership
- Transformational Leadership and the Learning Organization
Dissertation Course Requirements (12 credit hours)
- Doctoral Study Mentorship
- Doctoral Study Completion - I
- Doctoral Study Completion - II
- Doctoral Study Completion - III
Graduates of University of the Southwest's online Doctor of Business Administration - Self-Design program could be capable of applying their decision-making and strategic planning skills as well as their advanced business knowledge in the workplace. Depending on their aspirations, they might follow career paths in education, business, or government. A sampling of possible career titles is listed below:
- University business professor
- Market research analyst
- Corporate CEO or COO