Doctor of Business Administration - Accounting
Aspiring executives who want to prepare to handle the financial aspects of their businesses could enroll in Walden University's online Doctor of Business Administration with a specialization in Accounting program. Read on for course details.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration with a specialization in Accounting
School Offering Program:
Prospective applicants to Walden University's online Doctor of Business Administration with a specialization in Accounting program should have solid business and technological skills. It's also important that they be strong communicators with leadership capabilities. Applicants to Walden University's doctoral programs should have a master's degree; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Students who enroll in the online Doctor of Business Administration with a specialization in Accounting program from Walden University could be able to explore the relationship between business and economics. They might learn about topics such as project valuation, revenue forecasting, and cost prediction methods. Corporate governance theories and risk management are other areas of emphasis. Using applied research, students might gather information about foreign exchange rates and inflation accounting.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Walden University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Doctor of Business Administration with a Specialization in Accounting
There are 49 credits to be earned in Walden University's Doctor of Business Administration with a specialization in Accounting program. The program curriculum includes business strategy, research, foundational, and specialization studies. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Walden University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Course (3 credit hours
- Contemporary Challenges in Business
Core Course (3 credit hours)
- Organizational Leadership: Doctoral Theory and Practice
Business Strategy Course (3 credit hours)
- Business Strategy and Innovation for Competitive Advantage
Research Method Courses (12 credit hours)
- Qualitative and Quantitative Methodology for Applied Business Research
- Qualitative and Case Study Methodology for Business Analysis Research
- Quantitative Business Data Analysis Using SPSS
Specialization Courses (9 credit hours)
- Seminar in Managerial Accounting
- Seminar in Accounting-Based Performance Evaluation Systems
- Seminar in International Aspects of Managerial Accounting
Doctoral Studies Courses (19 credit hours)
- Students complete one of the following:
- Doctoral Study Mentoring (1-credit course taken four times)
- Doctoral Portfolio Capstone Mentoring (1-credit course taken four times)
- Students complete one of the following:
- Doctoral Study Completion (continuous enrollment in for a minimum of five terms until completion)
- Doctoral Portfolio Capstone Completion (continuous enrollment for a minimum of five terms until completion)
Students who complete Walden University's online Doctor of Business Administration with a specialization in Accounting program could be able to apply their knowledge of accounting techniques and standards in any number of professional settings. Employment inquiries might be made with accounting or consulting firms, financial institutions, government entities, or universities. Qualified graduates might pursue positions such as:
- Chief financial officer
- Vice president of finance
- Business researcher
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!