Doctor of Education - Early Childhood Education
Walden University's Doctor of Education in Early Childhood Education online program is designed to help students find the best practices in teaching and become leaders in early childhood education. Learn more about Walden University's EdD program.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Early Childhood Education
School Offering Program:
Students who are considering applying to the Doctor of Education in Early Childhood Education program at Walden University could be an educational professional or have a strong understanding of early childhood education. Potential students should also have demonstrated skills in research, leadership, and educational instruction. Applicants to the EdD Early Childhood Education program at Walden University must hold a master's degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.0 GPA; some programs may have additional admission requirements.
The online Doctor of Education in Early Childhood Education program at Walden University is designed to teach students to become effective leaders and further positive outcomes in early childhood education (ECE). Students have the opportunity to learn to use research to find the best practices in child development and learning. Learners may also explore how to be culturally responsible in interactions with students, the community, and other education professionals. Some courses are designed to teach students how to integrate relevant technology and other resources into ECE. Students enrolled in the EdD in Early Childhood Education online program at Walden University may study subjects like leading the future of education, child development, and evaluating early childhood programs.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Walden University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for Doctor of Education in Early Childhood Education:
Students enrolled in the online Doctor of Education in Early Childhood Education program at Walden University are asked to complete 79 credits toward their degree. This includes foundation courses covering leadership in education, specialization and research courses, and residency and doctoral capstone requirements. A doctoral writing assessment is given once admitted to the program. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Walden University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctoral Writing Assessment (0 credits)
- Students will be automatically enrolled upon admission to the following course:
- Doctoral Writing Assessment
Foundation Courses (5 credits)
- Students must take one of the following courses:
- Leading the Future of Education
- Leading the Future of Education (6-week version)
Research Courses (15 credits)
- Research Theory, Design, and Methods
- Quantitative Reasoning and Analysis
- Qualitative Reasoning and Analysis
Specialization Courses (30 credits)
- Child Development in the Critical Early Years
- The Language / Literacy Continuum from Birth Through Age 8
- Meaningful Learning Experiences in Supportive Environments
- Assessment Practices to Promote Healthy Development and Learning
- Evaluating and Supporting Early Childhood Programs
- Inspired Leadership, Informed Advocacy, and Improved Policy
- Students must complete one face-to-face residency by the end of Term 3
- EdD Residency
Doctoral Support Courses (9 credits)
- Tools for Doctoral Research Success
- Demystifying Doctoral Writing for Research
- Completing the Prospectus
Doctoral Capstone (20 credits)
- Students must enroll a minimum of 4 times continuously in the following course:
- Completing the Doctoral Capstone
Graduates with a Doctor of Education in Early Childhood Education from Walden University should be able to use scholarly research to find the best practices, policies, and programs in early childhood education. Graduates could work in the classroom, in the government sector, as a consultant, or even in healthcare. Graduates may be interested in the following career paths:
- PreK-12 teacher/higher education instructor
- Director of education/instruction
- Associate Dean
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!