PhD in Education - Organizational Research, Assessment & Evaluation
The online Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Organizational Research, Assessment, and Evaluation program at Walden University is a research-heavy doctorate focused on teaching students to use analysis and evaluation to reform education practices and advocate for change.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Organizational Research, Assessment, and Evaluation
School Offering Program:
Walden University's Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Organizational Research, Assessment, and Evaluation online program requires students to have a master's degree from an accredited university with at least a 3.0 GPA. Prospective students could be working in education or have a strong interest in education systems and supporting positive outcomes. All applicants to Walden University's doctoral programs must have a master's degree; some programs may have additional admission requirements.
Students enrolled in the Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Organizational Research, Assessment, and Evaluation online program at Walden University will learn to use professional communication and analytical skills for this research-based curriculum. Topics learners may explore include assessing for growth, building a culture for continuous improvement, evaluating and improving programs, and quantitative reasoning and analysis. The courses give learners the opportunity to evaluate education systems and practices in-depth, determine problems, and provide data-driven solutions. Students will also have the change to demonstrate what they've learned through their capstone dissertation and residency program.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Walden University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a Specialization in Organizational Research, Assessment, and Evaluation:
In Walden's online Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Organizational Research, Assessment, and Evaluation program students will take 30 credits in specialization courses in addition to four PhD residencies. The doctoral dissertation is the student's capstone course and must be taken at least four times. Students enrolled must also finish 20 credits in core and advanced research courses. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Walden University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctoral Writing Assessment (0 credits)
- Students will be automatically enrolled upon admission to the following course:
- Doctoral Writing Assessment
Foundation Courses (5 credits)
- Students must take one of the following courses:
- Leading the Future of Education
- Leading the Future of Education (6-week version)
Specialization Courses (30 credits)
- A New Vision of Organizational Research, Assessment, and Evaluation
- Assessment, Evaluation, and Accountability: The Sociological, Political, and Economic Factors
- Assessing for Individual Growth
- Evaluating and Improving Programs, Organizations, and Systems
- Dynamics of Communication for Impact and Results
- Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement
Core Research Courses (15 credits)
- The following course must be completed before Residency 2:
- Research Theory, Design, and Methods
- The following courses must be completed before Residency 3 or beginning the dissertation:
- Quantitative Reasoning and Analysis
- Qualitative Reasoning and Analysis
Advanced Research Course (5 credits)
- Students choose one of the following courses upon approval of the prospectus:
- Advanced Quantitative Reasoning and Analysis
- Advanced Qualitative Reasoning and Analysis
- Advanced Mixed-Methods Reasoning and Analysis
Doctoral Support Courses (11 credits)
- Tools for Doctoral Research Success
- Demystifying Doctoral Writing for Research
- Writing a Quality Prospectus
Doctoral Capstone (20 credits)
- Students must enroll a minimum of 4 times continuously in the following course:
- Completing the Dissertation
Residency Requirement (16 Units)
- Students must complete 4 PhD residencies:
- PhD Residency
Walden's online Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Organizational Research, Assessment, and Evaluation program could help graduates create academic research to promote growth and positive achievements in the field of education. Students with a PhD in Education with a specialization in Organizational Research, Assessment, and Evaluation from Walden University might work in schools, corporations, museums, or healthcare. Graduates may be interested in the following career paths:
- Director of education
- Research director
- Education professor
- Training/development manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!