The greater Provo, Utah, region is home to numerous postsecondary options. Learn more about the traditional colleges and universities in the area while we compare and contrast the schools using statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Provo, Utah
Some students may desire to attend school near home or a place of work. For students near Provo, the closest schools are primarily 4-year institutions or less-than-2-year specialty schools.
- Provo College (located downtown)
- Brigham Young University - Provo (0.4 miles from downtown)
- Stevens-Henager College (4.2 miles from downtown)
- Utah Valley University (4.2 miles from downtown)
- Broadview University - Orem (6.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Provo, Utah
The Provo area does not offer too many large (over 1,000 students), traditional schools. Many of the larger institutions are 4-year private schools. A few of the larger schools offer undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Utah Valley University (31,332 students)
- Brigham Young University - Provo (30,484 students)
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (2,168 students)
- Provo College (372 students)
- Stevens-Henager College (270 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates the net price for a university or college by subtracting the average amount of financial aid a full-time undergraduate receives from the total cost of attendance, which includes tuition, fees, books, and room/board. In the Provo area, public schools had a much lower net price than private institutions, according to NCES figures from 2014-2015.
- Mountainland Applied Technology College ($2,221)
- Utah Valley University ($6,565)
- Brigham Young University - Provo ($12,900)
- Broadview University - Orem ($17,059)
- Provo College ($18,079)
Highest Graduation Rate
Overall graduation rates reported by the NCES are calculated by determining the percentage of full-time undergrad students who completed their studies within 150% of the usual time it takes to finish a program (e.g. six years for a bachelor's degree). Graduation rates at the traditional colleges in the Provo area vary from 81% down to 0% for 2015.
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (81% graduation rate)
- Brigham Young University - Provo (80% graduation rate)
- Provo College (71% graduation rate)
- Broadview University - Orem (53% graduation rate)
- Utah Valley University (33% graduation rate)
Provo, UT, and the surrounding area are home to several private and public institutions that offer students a range of locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates.