If you're an aspiring student in Pulaski, Pennsylvania, information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) may be able to help you find an area school that meets your educational needs.
Closest Schools to Pulaski, Pennysvania
Pulaski, a tiny township in rural western Pennsylvania, has no traditional colleges or universities. However, there are a few traditional colleges within driving distance. These five are the closest to Pulaski.
- Westminster College (6.1 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University-Shenango (10.5 miles)
- Grove City College (19.2 miles)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania (19.2 miles)
- Thiel College (21.6 miles)
Largest Schools Near Pulaski, Pennsylvania
At a school with a large student body, you may have access to a wider range of academic opportunities or extracurricular experiences, while smaller schools tend to offer more personalized classroom instruction. Most of the schools near Pulaski are relatively small, but there is one midsize public institution. According to the NCES, the following five schools have the largest student bodies.
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania (8,611 students)
- Grove City College (2,444 students)
- Geneva College (1,714 students)
- Westminster College (1,310 students)
- Thiel College (926 students)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
For many students, affordability is a major factor in the college decision-making process. To help students anticipate the cost of a certain institution, the NCES calculates net price by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. As of the 2014-2015 academic year, these were the least expensive schools in the Pulaski area.
- Pennsylvania State University-Shenango ($13,034 per year)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania ($16,021 per year)
- Grove City College ($19,824 per year)
- Westminster College ($20,727 per year)
- Geneva College ($21,018 per year)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
To get an idea of the academic quality of a school, it can help to look at the graduation rate. This statistic, as determined by the NCES, is the proportion of full-time undergraduate students who finished their programs within 150% of the normal completion time. Based on data from students who finished in 2015, the graduation rates for the five Pulaski-area non-specialty schools with the highest rates varied considerably.
- Grove City College (85%)
- Westminster College (71%)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania (68%)
- Geneva College (64%)
- Thiel College (43%)
In summary, if you want to pursue higher education near Pulaski, Pennsylvania, you have six traditional schools to choose from, and NCES statistics can help you make a well-informed college decision.