The following pertains to schools close to Quincy, Illinois. Data was obtained from the National Center for Education Statistics for multiple institutions, and includes information on school sizes, net prices, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Quincy, Illinois
Not counting specialty schools, there are two institutions less than five miles from downtown Quincy. Four more schools can be found by expanding the radius to 60 miles. If you are looking to study near the city of Quincy, investigate into these schools:
- Quincy University (located downtown)
- John Wood Community College (located 4.1 miles from downtown)
- Western Illinois University (located 52.1 miles from downtown)
- Illinois College (located 62.2 miles from downtown)
- MacMurray College (located 62.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Quincy, Illinois
Although there are not many populous schools located immediately near Quincy, there are multiple large institutions within a 90-mile radius. They all had at least 2,200 undergraduates for the 2014-2015 year. If one of your main criteria for a school is student population, look into these options:
- Western Illinois University (11,458 students; 9,645 undergraduates)
- Lewis and Clark Community College (7,903 students, all undergraduates)
- Lincoln Land Community College (7,006 students, all undergraduates)
- University of Illinois at Springfield (5,431 students; 3,038 undergraduates)
- Carl Sandburg College (2,200 students, all undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
Four non-specialty schools near Quincy had net prices below $7,000 for the 2014-2015 academic year. Three of them are also found on the list of largest schools. The NCES determines net prices by taking the total program cost and subtracting the average financial aid given to full-time undergraduates.
- Carl Sandburg College ($3,902)
- Lewis and Clark Community College ($3,976)
- Lincoln Land Community College ($6,230)
- John Woo Community College ($6,831)
- Spoon River College ($10,019)
Highest Graduation Rates
Excluding specialty schools, the five institutions with the highest graduation rates are within an 87-mile radius of downtown Quincy. The closest is approximately 76 miles away. These percentages are found by the NCES by determining the amount of full-time undergraduates who finish their studies within 150% of the usual amount of time.
- Principia College (80% graduation rate)
- Knox College (77% graduation rate)
- Illinois College (71% graduation rate)
- Monmouth College (58% graduation rate)
- Western Illinois University (53% graduation rate)
If you are looking to study near the city of Quincy, there are multiple schools that have large populations, good graduation rates, and low costs.