Students who are looking for an education near Bountiful, UT, can choose among 2- and 4-year public and private institutions to pursue a variety of educational goals, including certificates and advanced degrees. See how these Bountiful-area schools measure up based information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Bountiful, Utah
For students wishing to be near downtown Bountiful, there are several schools within roughly 12 miles of the city center. Most of the closest schools are 2-year or 4-year private schools, although there are two public institutions. Undergraduate and graduate degree programs are available near downtown Bountiful.
- University of Utah (7.4 miles from downtown)
- Neumont University (8.5 miles from downtown)
- Latter-day Saints Business College (8.8 miles from downtown)
- Westminster College (9.3 miles from downtown)
- Davis Applied Technical College (12.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Bountiful, Utah
The five largest institutions near Bountiful include four public schools and one private institution. Student enrollment ranges from a relatively small 3,188 students, up to 31,592 students. One community college is found in the five largest schools near Bountiful.
- University of Utah (31,592 students)
- Salt Lake Community College (29,350 students)
- Weber State University (25,955 students)
- Independence University (6,025 students)
- David Applied Technology College (3,188 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Financial considerations are usually a factor when choosing a college. NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid the full-time undergraduate student receives from the total cost of attendance, which includes tuition, fees, books, and room and board. These five colleges and universities have 2014-2015 net prices that range from approximately $7,600 to more than $16,000.
- Salt Lake Community College ($7,619)
- Latter-day Saints Business College ($8,583)
- Weber State University ($10,669)
- University of Utah ($12,136)
- Broadview University-Layton ($16,005)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's overall graduation rate is the percentage of full-time undergraduates who complete a program within 150% of the 'normal' time. This would be 6 years for a bachelor's degree program, for instance. The top five graduation rates at the schools in the Bountiful area range from 59% to 64%, as reported by the NCES for 2014.
- University of Utah (64% graduation rate)
- Independence University (63% graduation rate)
- Westminster College (62% graduation rate)
- Eagle Gate College-Layton (60% graduation rate)
- Fortis College-Salt Lake City (59% graduation rate)
The Bountiful, UT, area offers a wide range of public and private schools that are close to downtown and vary in size, net price, and graduation rate.