Prospective students in South Plainfield, NJ will find a variety of mainstream schools in the nearby area. Schools within 25 miles of South Plainfield include a number of private and public 4-year universities as well as community colleges. With so many options, prospective students can use data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to aid in the selection process.
Schools Closest to South Plainfield, New Jersey
There is a good variety of public and privately-owned schools near South Plainfield, offering both 2 and 4-year degree programs. The 5 closest schools are less than 11 miles away and are within driving distance to South Plainfield.
- Middlesex County College (4.5 miles away)
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick (6.6 miles away)
- Union County College (7.8 miles away)
- DeVry University-New Jersey (9.3 miles away)
- Kean University (11.0 miles away)
Largest Schools Near South Plainfield, New Jersey
The South Plainfield region has a significant number of moderate to large-sized schools. There are 9 schools in the area with over 10,000 enrolled students and several other schools exceeding 5,000 students.
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick (49,428 total students)
- Montclair State University (20,465 total students)
- Kean University (14,112 total students)
- Brookdale Community College (13,835 total students)
- Rutgers University-Newark (11,720 total students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net cost for a college or university is determined by subtracting the amount of financial aid that a full-time student receives from the total cost to attend the school. The following five 2-year, public colleges all featured net costs under $7,000 in the 2014-2015 school year, according to NCES.
- Raritan Valley Community College ($3,392)
- Union County College ($4,102)
- Mercer County Community College ($5,410)
- Brookdale Community College ($6,468)
- Hudson County Community College ($6,791)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate is another aspect of a potential college or university that a student may wish to consider, since graduation rate may be seen as an indication of a school's success. The overall graduation rate for a school is calculated based on the number of full-time students who complete their programs within 150% of the 'normal time' to do so (for example, six years for a bachelor's degree program). The following five school all feature overall graduation rates over 65% in recent years.
- Princeton University (97% graduation rate)
- Stevens Institute of Technology (82% graduation rate)
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick (80% graduation rate)
- Rutgers University-Newark (68% graduation rate)
- Drew University (67% graduation rate)
Potential students in the South Plainfield, New Jersey, area have an assortment of colleges to choose from, ranging from 2-year community colleges to 4-year universities.