Prospective students in the Wyomissing area can choose between two-year and four-year public and private institutions. Here, you can find data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) that can help you with the college decision.
Closest Schools to Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Wyomissing is home to only one postsecondary school, but there are several more colleges and universities within driving distance. If you want to keep your commute short, you may want to consider one of the five institutions that are closest to Wyomissing.
- Berks Technical Institute (2.9 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University-Berks (2.9 miles)
- Alvernia University (3.5 miles)
- Reading Area Community College (6.5 miles)
- Albright College (6.9 miles)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (19.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Most of the schools in the Wyomissing area are small schools, with student population sizes ranging from a few hundred to several thousand students. For students looking for a larger campus environment, there is one midsize institution about twenty miles away. Here are the five Wyomissing-area schools with the most students.
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (8,995 students)
- Reading Area Community College (4,090 students)
- Pennsylvania State University-Berks (2,906 students)
- Alvernia University (2,865 students)
- Albright College (2,267 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. This statistic can help you determine whether a particular schools is affordable for you. According to figures from the 2014-2015 school year, all but one of the five least expensive non-specialty schools in the Wyomissing area are public institutions.
- Reading Area Community College ($10,213 per year)
- Berks Technical Institute ($14,181 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Schuylkill ($15,176 per year)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania ($18,822 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University ($20,957 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate can provide insight into the educational quality of a particular college or university. To find a school's graduation rate, the NCES looks at the percentage of students who complete their studies within 150% of the expected time. Based on data from full-time undergraduates who finished between 2013 and 2015, these Wyomissing-area non-specialty schools had the highest graduation rates.
- Franklin and Marshall College (87%)
- Pennsylvania state University-Berks (62%)
- Albright College (58%)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (54%)
- Alvernia University (51%)
In summary, NCES data on the locations, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates of schools near Wyomissing can help you make a well-informed educational decision.