Charleston Marketing Schools
While no Charleston schools offer programs specifically in retail merchandising, institutions that offer marketing programs can provide related coursework in areas like sales, consumer behavior and retailing. Read an overview of the available classes and, in some cases, internship opportunities offered at two area colleges. This article also includes a table of facts and figures for comparison of the schools.
- Charleston Southern University is a private, Baptist-affiliated school located about 18 miles from the downtown area. The university offers a bachelor's degree program in business with a major in marketing. This program includes instruction in basic business practices and marketing techniques.
- Trident Technical College is a 2-year, public community college situated around 13 miles from central Charleston. It offers a business associate's degree program that prepares graduates for careers in marketing.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Apparel and Textile Manufacturing
- Apparel and Textile Marketing Management
- Consumer Economics
- Consumer Services
- Fabric and Fashion Specialist
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Family Resource Management Studies
- Human Sciences Communication
- Retail Management and Merchandising
Comparison of Schools
Use this table to compare the featured colleges in several areas that could have a role in your education decision. It contains specifics on acceptance rates, student enrollment, costs, graduation numbers and more.
|Charleston Southern University||Trident Technical College|
|School Type||4-year, private not-for-profit*||2-year, public*|
|Total Enrollment (2017)||3,492*||13,271*|
|Campus Setting||Midsize city*||Midsize city*|
|Tuition and Fees 2017-2018||$24,840 for undergraduate students*||$4,394 for in-district, $4,860 for in-state and $8,188 for out-of-state students*|
|Percent of First-Year Students Receiving Some Form of Financial Aid (2017)||99%*||91%*|
|Acceptance Rate (2017)||56%*||Open admissions*|
|Retention Rate (2017)||66% for full-time students*||61% for full-time students*|
|Graduation Rate||35% (for students who began their studies in 2011)*||16% (for students who began their studies in 2014)*|
Source: *College Navigator, National Center for Education Statistics.
Charleston Southern University
This university's business programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education. This program is offered through the university's College of Business.
Bachelor of Business Administration With a Major in Marketing
This program includes 24 credit hours of marketing courses as well as 39 hours of core business courses and 47 hours of liberal arts core courses. Business classes cover topics like accounting, macroeconomics, management and the principles of marketing. Marketing-specific classes include consumer behavior, international marketing, marketing research and advertising. Students may also elect to complete an internship during their studies.
Trident Technical College
Trident Technical College offers an associate's degree in general business with a marketing career path. This program is offered through the school's Business Technology Division.
Associate in Applied Science in Business Administration with a Career Path in Marketing
This 69-credit-hour program prepares students to work in advertising, marketing or sales after graduation. Courses related to the major cover topics like marketing, business law, retailing, consumer behavior and sales principles.