In addition to the one private not-for-profit, traditional school found in Rexburg, there are other public and private schools within 75 miles. A comparison of these traditional institutions using statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is presented to help students choose the best school for them.
Closest Schools to Rexburg, Idaho
Most of the schools near Rexburg are 2-year institutions. Unfortunately, no schools in the area offer graduate level degree programs.
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (0.7 miles from downtown)
- Eastern Idaho Technical College (27.2 miles from downtown)
- Stevens-Henager College (28.4 miles from downtown)
- Idaho State University (74.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Rexburg, Idaho
The largest schools near Rexburg are mostly private institutions, but there are a couple of large public schools available. The majority of the schools in the area have fewer than 500 students, with only a few options for students wanting larger schools.
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (36,624 students)
- Idaho State University (13,429 students)
- Eastern Idaho Technical College (686 students)
- Stevens-Henager College (120 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The schools in and around Rexburg, Idaho, have fairly low net prices, with most schools having a net price less than $15,000. The NCES calculates the average net price for full-time undergrads by subtracting the average financial aid award, including grants, scholarships and loans, from the average total attendance cost, which includes in-state tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, books, supplies and other expenses. The list here includes the net prices for the traditional schools in Rexburg and the surrounding area; figures are for the 2014-2015 school year, as reported by NCES.
- Brigham Young University-Idaho ($8,624)
- Eastern Idaho Technical College ($11,690)
- Idaho State University ($13,234)
- Stevens-Henager College ($25,188)
Highest Graduation Rates
The graduation rates used to establish these rankings are for full-time undergraduate students who graduated from their programs within 150% of normal time. For bachelor's degrees, this is a 6-year time frame, and for associate's degrees, it's a 3-year time frame. The overall graduation percentages for the traditional schools in the area that reported were almost all greater than 50% for 2015.
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (61% graduation rate)
- Eastern Idaho Technical College (58% graduation rate)
- Idaho State University (32% graduation rate)
There are only four traditional schools near Rexburg, ID; they are a mix of public and private institutions with varying locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates for students to choose from.