With its close proximity to Dallas as well as other cities such as Arlington and Irving, Richardson, TX, offers students various options when it comes to postsecondary education. We compare the traditional schools in the area against each other from data in the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), in order to help students choose which school is best for them.
Closest Schools to Richardson, Texas
The closest schools to Richardson are primarily 4-year institutions. These schools are almost entirely private institutions.
- ITT Technical Institute-Richardson (located downtown)
- National American University-Richardson (located downtown)
- The University of Texas at Dallas (located downtown)
- Strayer University-North Dallas (3.5 miles from downtown)
- Richland College (3.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Richardson, Texas
For students desiring larger schools, the Richardson area has several schools that boast more than 10,000 students. A few of the larger institutions offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Collin County Community College District (27,991 students)
- The University of Texas at Dallas (23,095 students)
- Richland College (19,343 students)
- Eastfield College (15,112 students)
- Brookhaven College (12,403 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price is determined by taking the cost of attendance and then subtracting the average institutional or government aid for full-time undergraduates. According to the NCES, the net price for the all schools in the area (including specialty schools) ranged from about $2,000 to almost $37,000 in 2014-2015.
- Richland College ($3,509)
- Mountain View College ($3,696)
- Eastfield College ($3,899)
- Brookhaven College ($4,291)
- El Centro College ($4,559)
Highest Graduation Rates
The graduation rates for most schools in the Richardson area were 50% or greater for 2015, according to the NCES. The rates were based on full-time undergrad students who enrolled in 2009 and graduated in 150% of 'normal' time, such as either an associate degree in three years or a bachelor's degree in six years.
- Southern Methodist University (79% graduation rate)
- Remington College-Dallas Campus (74% graduation rate)
- University of Dallas (70% graduation rate)
- The University of Texas at Dallas (66% graduation rate)
- Dallas Baptist University (58% graduation rate)
Students have plenty of options for public or private institutions with an array of graduation rates, prices, sizes, and locations in the Richardson, TX, area.