Students living in or near Richfield have no shortage of choices when it comes to postsecondary education. We compare and contrast the non-specialty public and private schools in the area based on data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students narrow their list of potential schools.
Closest Schools to Richfield, Minnesota
Students wishing to attend school near Richfield have plenty of 4-year institutions to choose from. Some 2-year schools are available, but the closest schools tend to be 4-year private institutions.
- Minnesota School of Business-Richfield (located downtown)
- DeVry University-Minnesota (2.5 miles from downtown)
- Rasmussen College-Bloomington (2.5 miles from downtown)
- National American University-Bloomington (2.8 miles from downtown)
- Academy College (3.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Richfield, Minnesota
There are many larger schools near Richfield that have over 1,000 students, and even some schools that boast over 10,000 students. Many of these larger institutions offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Walden University (52,799 students)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (50,678 students)
- Capella University (34,365 students)
- University of St Thomas (10,148 students)
- Normandale Community College (9,855 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Attending college involves more expenses than just tuition costs. The NCES calculates a school's net price by taking the total cost of attendance - including tuition, fees, books, room and board, etc. - and subtracting the average amount of financial aid an in-state, full-time undergrad student receives. Students may also want to consider the availability of financial aid and the potential loan debt they may incur when deciding which college to attend. Net prices in the area were almost all under $25,000 for 2014-2015.
- Century College ($8,184)
- North Hennepin Community College ($10,036)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College ($10,974)
- Inver Hills Community College ($11,437)
- Dakota County Technical College ($11,678)
Highest Graduation Rate
Overall graduation rates may indicate a school's past success and give students an idea about the school's commitment to helping them graduate. The NCES publishes overall graduation rates based on the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal program completion time. Graduation rates for most of the schools near Richfield were 50% or less in 2015, but there were some schools with higher rates.
- Macalester College (90% graduation rate)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (77% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (76% graduation rate)
- Academy College (75% graduation rate)
- Bethel University (74% graduation rate)
The area in and around Richfield, MN, offers a multitude of public and private institutions for students to choose from based on their personal preferences and need for certain school locations, sizes, prices, or graduation rates.