The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) reports several schools within 50 miles of downtown Richmond, Indiana, for interested students to attend. Compare the various public, private, 2-year, and 4-year schools in various categories to help narrow down your school search.
Closest Schools to Richmond, Indiana
Several 2-year and 4-year schools are located downtown or within 35 miles from downtown Richmond, Indiana. Most of the schools closest to Richmond offer various undergraduate degree programs, although a couple also offer graduate programs.
- Earlham College (located in Richmond )
- Indiana University - East (located in Richmond)
- Ivy Tech Community College - Richmond (located in Richmond)
- Purdue University - Purdue Polytechnic Richmond (located in Richmond)
- Ivy Tech Community College - East Central (35.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Richmond, Indiana
Prospective students can select from relatively small to moderately large schools near Richmond. The largest schools are all 4-year institutions, but are an even mix of public and private schools. Student enrollments reported in 2015-2016 range from 1,067 to 21,196 students.
- Ball State University (21,196 students)
- Indiana University - East (4,716 students)
- Anderson University (2,325 students)
- Earlham College (1,067 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Many students consider finances when choosing a college. The NCES calculates a college's average net price by figuring the total cost of attendance and subtracting the average amount of financial aid the full-time undergraduate student receives. Average net prices for all Richmond-area schools ranged from about $6,400 to more than $23,000. Below are the schools with the lowest net prices in 2014-2015. All figures are from the NCES.
- Ivy Tech Community College - Richmond ($6,416)
- Ivy Tech Community College - East Central ($6,416)
- Indiana University - East ($8,453)
- Ball State University ($12,847)
- Anderson University ($21,945)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate is the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finish their programs within 150% of the 'usual' time it takes to complete it (within six years, for example, for a bachelor's degree). Richmond-area colleges have overall graduation rates starting at 28% and climbing to 67%. The figures in this section are for 2014-2015, unless otherwise noted. All data in this section comes from the NCES.
- Earlham College (67% graduation rate)
- Ball State University (60% graduation rate)
- Anderson University (54% graduation rate)
- Indiana University - East (28% graduation rate)
The Richmond, Indiana, area offers several schools that are close to downtown, have high graduation rates, and other preferable characteristics.