There is a high concentration of schools with a wide variety of options within Riverside and its surrounding areas. Students can find colleges and universities that offer degrees and certificates ranging from associate's to doctoral levels. The data presented is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and covers topics such as: proximity to Riverside, school size, cost, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Riverside, California
Many prospective students value living within a close proximity to a city. The Riverside area offers a mix of public and private institutions within a roughly 5-mile radius from downtowny. Below are the closest five colleges to Riverside:
- University of California (1.9 miles from downtown)
- Platt College (2.4 miles from downtown)
- UEI College (2.4 miles from downtown)
- Riverside City College (3.7 miles from downtown)
- Summit College (5.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Riverside, California
The Riverside area has five schools with more than 15,000 students. The largest is the California State Polytechnic University with nearly 24,000 total students. The next-largest schools are listed in order below.
- University of California-Riverside (21,498 total students)
- Chaffey College (19,557 total students)
- California State University-San Bernardino (18,952 total students)
- Riverside City College (18,547 total students)
- San Bernardino Valley College (12,965 total students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net prices that the NCES reports are determined by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost of attending a school. The following five schools have the lowest net prices of traditional non-profit schools within 25 miles of Riverside, California, for the 2014-2015 school year.
- California State University-San Bernardino ($6,984)
- Norco College($7,097)
- San Bernardino Valley College($8,310)
- Riverside City College($8,395)
- Moreno Valley College($8,696)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates reported by the NCES are determined by calculating the number of beginning, full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of normal time. Below are the five Riverside-area schools with the highest graduation rates for students beginning in the fall of 2009.
- Pomona College (94% graduation rate)
- Claremont McKenna College (92% graduation rate)
- Harvey Mudd College (92% graduation rate)
- Scripps College (92% graduation rate)
- Pitzer College (90% graduation rate)
With consideration for the information presented on the various evaluation criteria, students in the Riverside area are ready to make a great college selection.