Students seeking a postsecondary education in Russellville, AR, can choose from among several colleges and universities. To help students determine which of these options might be a good fit for their academic needs, we compare these traditional schools using information found in the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Russellville, Arkansas
For students wanting to attend school near Russellville, there are mostly 4-year institutions to choose from. A few of these schools even offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs for students who may wish to continue their education.
- Arkansas Tech University (located downtown)
- University of the Ozarks (22.8 miles from downtown)
- University of Arkansas Community College-Morrilton (24.1 miles from downtown)
- University of Central Arkansas (41 miles from downtown)
- Central Baptist College (41.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Russellville, Arkansas
The largest schools near Russellville are mostly public institutions, but there are some larger private schools available. Overall, student populations in the area range from fewer than 50 students to more than 10,000 students.
- Arkansas Tech University (12,054 students)
- University of Central Arkansas (11,754 students)
- University of Arkansas Community College-Morrilton (2,042 students)
- Hendrix College (1,338 students)
- Central Baptist College (881 students)
Lowest Net Price
The formula used by the NCES to determine a school's average net price is the total cost of in-district or in-state attendance for a full-time undergrad, minus the average amount of financial aid given to attendees. The mainstream schools in and around Russellville have average net prices ranging from $5,383 to $24,955 for 2014-2015.
- University of Arkansas Community College-Morrilton ($5,383)
- Arkansas Tech University ($9,684)
- University of Central Arkansas ($12,798)
- University of the Ozarks ($15,181)
- Central Baptist College ($15,602)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES' reported overall graduation rates symbolize the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of a program's 'normal' length - six years for a bachelor's degree, for example. The traditional Russellville, AR, area schools had overall graduation rates at 25% or higher for 2015.
- Hendrix College (68% graduation rate)
- University of Central Arkansas (45% graduation rate)
- Arkansas Tech University (44% graduation rate)
- University of the Ozarks (43% graduation rate)
- Central Baptist College (28% graduation rate)
Russellville, AR, and the surrounding area gives students some choices in 2-year and 4-year schools that provide different location, size, price, and graduation rate options.