With Saint Rose, LA, offering only one technical institute, students seeking a wider range of programs can explore larger colleges and universities in nearby New Orleans. We use statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare the traditional institutions in the area to help students narrow their search.
Closest Schools to Saint Rose, Louisiana
The closest schools to Saint Rose with a wider array of programs are within 20 miles of the city. The following include 2 and 4 year institutions.
- Loyola University New Orleans (11.8 miles from downtown)
- Tulane University of Louisiana (11.8 miles from downtown)
- Xavier University of Louisiana (12.9 miles from downtown)
- Delgado Community College (13.7 miles from downtown)
- Dillard University (15.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Saint Rose, Louisiana
There are several larger schools near Saint Rose that have more than 1,000 students. Most of these schools are 4-year institutions, but are mixed with private and public schools. Many of the larger schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Delgado Community College (16,131 students)
- Tulane University of Louisiana (12,485 students)
- University of New Orleans (8,423 students)
- Loyola University New Orleans (4,087 students)
- Xavier University of Louisiana (2,969 students)
Lowest Net Price
The cost of attending a school is one of the most important factors to take into consideration when choosing a college. NCES's net price statistic can be a useful comparison tool: the institution takes the total expenses full-time undergrad students had to pay at a college in a single year and then subtracts the average amount of financial aid received to provide an estimate of how much it costs to attend a year of college. For 2014-2015 most schools in the area had net prices less than $20,000.
- Southern University at New Orleans ($7,685)
- Delgado Community College ($7,870)
- Nunez Community College ($8,661)
- University of New Orleans ($8,867)
- University of Holy Cross ($11,063)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES also calculates graduation rates based on full-time undergraduates who complete their programs within 150% of 'normal' time, such as six years for a bachelor's degree. The traditional schools in the area had rates ranging from 9% to 83% for 2015.
- Tulane University of Louisiana (83% graduation rate)
- Loyola University New Orleans (66% graduation rate)
- Xavier University of Louisiana (39% graduation rate)
- Dillard University (38% graduation rate)
- University of Holy Cross (36% graduation rate)
Students have options of public or private institutions with varying graduation rates, prices, sizes, and locations in and around Saint Rose, LA.