Familiarize yourself with the academic programs, tuition, student populations, acceptance and graduation rates of the university located in San Angelo. You'll encounter statistics calculated by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Angelo State University
Angelo State University is a 4-year public institution located 2.7 miles from downtown San Angelo. It offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs.
Angelo State University boasts degree programs that go all the way up to doctorate level. There are also certificate programs for students pursuing certain career goals that take 1-2 years to complete. Fields of study offered here are:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, and Related Sciences
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- English Language and Literature/Letters
- Foreign Language, Literatures, and Linguistics
- Health Professions and Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources and Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions
- Social Sciences
- Visual and Performing Arts
Tuition & Fees
Here we'll examine average school expenses for full-time undergraduate students who attended Angelo State during the 2015-2016 school year, accounting for tuition as well as the cost of room and board.
- Total Expenses for In-State Students: $19,274 (both on or off campus)
- Total Expenses for Out of State Students: $26,634 (both on or off campus)
- Total Expenses for In-State Students Living with Family: $11,572
- Total Expenses for Out of State Students Living with Family: $20,932
8,483 students attend Angelo State, 7,177 of whom are undergraduate. The student-to-faculty ratio of this school is 19:1. Of the undergraduates enrolled, 56% are female and 44% are male.
Angelo State University has a solid 77% acceptance rate as of Fall 2015. SAT and ACT test scores are required for application submission as well as your secondary school records.
A school's graduation rate is calculated by reviewing the proportion of full-time undergraduate students who successfully completed their degree programs within 150% of the normal time necessary to do so. For the 2015 school year, the graduation rate of Angelo State University was 37%.
Students looking at Angelo State for college will find a solid variety of programs at various levels, though students seeking a college with a higher graduation rate may want to look outside the area.