The higher education options around Santa Barbara include a few two-year colleges and four-year universities. This article compares these schools based on location, size, price, and graduation rate statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Santa Barbara, California
Around Santa Barbara, you can find two-year colleges and four-year universities. If you want to pursue higher education in this beachside city, check out some of the following options.
- Antioch University - Santa Barbara (located downtown)
- Santa Barbara City College (located 1.3 miles from downtown)
- Westmont College (located 4.4 miles from downtown)
- University of California - Santa Barbara (located 7.4 miles from downtown)
- Brooks Institute (located 25.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Santa Barbara, California
Santa Barbara's is home to several mid-size colleges and universities. The largest is UC Santa Barbara, with a combined undergraduate and graduate population of more than twenty thousand students. Below are the top five largest schools in the area.
- University of California - Santa Barbara (23,051 students)
- Santa Barbara City College (17,927 students)
- Moorpark College (13,880 students)
- Ventura College (12,928 students)
- Oxnard College (12,928 students)
Lowest Net Price
Net price is calculated by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students. For the 2015-2016 school year, these were the schools with the lowest net price, according to the NCES:
- Oxnard College ($3,756 per year)
- Ventura College ($3,957 per year)
- Moorpark College ($4,006 per year)
- Santa Barbara City College ($10,895 per year)
- California State University - Channel Islands ($13,364 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES calculates the graduation rate based on how many students complete their chosen program within 150% of the normal time. Based on 2015-2016 calculations, the following Santa Barbara-area schools had the highest graduation rates.
- Thomas Aquinas College (89%)
- University of California - Santa Barbara (81%)
- Ventura College (81%)
- Westmont College (77%)
- California Lutheran University (66%)
Overall, evaluating statistics from the NCES can help you decide which school in the Santa Barbara area best meets your educational needs.