Savannah and its surrounding areas offer various educational settings, including both 2-year and 4-year traditional institutions. The school information we use draws on the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students find the right college or university to meet their needs.
Closest Schools to Savannah, Georgia
Students wishing to attend school near Savannah have mostly 4-year institutions to choose from. The majority of these 4-year schools offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs for interested students. The closest to downtown, at 2.5 miles, is Savannah Technical College, followed by:
- Savannah State University (2.7 miles from downtown)
- South University-Savannah (5.4 miles from downtown)
- Armstrong State University (7.6 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-Savannah Campus (7.6 miles from downtown)
- Virginia College-Savannah (7.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Savannah, Georgia
There are several larger schools in Savannah that have more than 1,000 students for students looking for the bigger college experience. The largest schools in the area are a fairly even mix of private and public institutions.
- Savannah College of Art and Design (11,861 students)
- Armstrong State University (7,103 students)
- Savannah State University (4,800 students)
- Savannah Technical College (4,196 students)
- South University-Savannah (1,437 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Cost is one of the most important factors for many students when considering college options, and in some cases, cost is the deciding factor. The NCES determines net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergrad students receive from the cost of attending the school. In Savannah, net prices of local colleges ranged from under $5,000 to over $38,000 for 2014-2015.
- Savannah Technical College ($4,523)
- Savannah State University ($10,282)
- Virginia College-Savannah ($18,079)
- Armstrong State University ($18,633)
- South University-Savannah ($23,977)
Highest Graduation Rate
When deciding on a college, students should consider each school's graduation rate. The NCES determines graduation rate by examining how many full-time undergraduate students complete their degree programs within 150% of normal time (for example, in six years for a four-year degree.) Most schools in Savannah have graduation rates below 40% for 2015.
- Savannah College of Art and Design (67% graduation rate)
- Savannah Technical College (33% graduation rate)
- Armstrong State University (31% graduation rate)
- Savannah State University (27% graduation rate)
- South University-Savannah (10% graduation rate)
Savannah, GA, is home to several private and public schools that provide students with a wide range of graduation rates, prices, sizes, and locations to choose from.