If you're looking for a traditional school near Shamokin Dam, Pennsylvania, you have three options. Here, you can find out more about them by looking at information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Shamokin Dam, Pennsylvania
Shamokin Dam is a small borough in central Pennsylvania. There aren't any non-specialty schools in Shamokin Dam, but there are two private and one public university within driving distance. Consider the distance from Shamokin Dam to each one of these schools.
- Susquehanna University (2.6 miles)
- Bucknell University (8.4 miles)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (22.5 miles)
Largest Schools near Shamokin Dam, Pennsylvania
Of the non-specialty institutions in the Shamokin Dam area, one is a midsize university and two are small schools. The size of the school you attend can have a significant impact on your undergraduate or graduate experience, so it is important to look at the student population sizes of each of these schools.
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (9,737 students)
- Bucknell University (3,625 students)
- Susquehanna University (2,199 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
In order to find a school's average net price, the NCES subtracts the average amount of financial aid from the total attendance cost. For the 2014-2015 school year, there were significant differences between the net prices for the three Shamokin Dam-area schools.
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania ($16,031 per year)
- Susquehanna University ($27,783 per year)
- Bucknell University ($35,677 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES calculates overall graduation rates by determining the proportion of students who finish their programs within 150% of the normal program completion time. Based on data from students who finished in 2015, the schools near Shamokin Dam all had graduation rates of over sixty percent.
- Bucknell University (90%)
- Susquehanna University (71%)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (62%)
To summarize, students in the Shamokin Dam area can choose between Susquehanna University, Bucknell University, and Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.