Are you looking for a college or university near Shippensburg, Pennsylvania? When examining your choices, it can be helpful to look at data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
You can find one public university in Shippensburg, a small borough in central Pennsylvania. There are also a few traditional schools in other cities in the area. These five schools are the closest to downtown Shippensburg.
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania (0.0 miles)
- Wilson College (9.6 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University-Mont Alto (13.8 miles)
- Gettysburg College (20.4 miles)
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg (20.4 miles)
Largest Schools near Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
In Shippensburg, there is one midsize university. The other institutions in the area are small schools. At a larger university, you may have access to more academic resources and extracurricular opportunities, but smaller schools can sometimes provide students with more individualized attention. Take a look at the five largest schools in the area.
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania (7,048 students)
- Gettysburg College (2,447 students)
- Dickinson College (2,420 students)
- Wilson College (923 students)
- Pennsylvania State University-Mont Alto (893 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Total cost is an important consideration when choosing a school. The NCES calculates each school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. For the 2014-2015 school year, this information was only available for five traditional schools in the area.
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania ($17,605 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Mont Alto ($20,038 per year)
- Wilson College ($20,172 per year)
- Gettysburg College ($31,726 per year)
- Dickinson College ($34,079 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's graduation rate is the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finished their degrees within 150% of the normal time. The reported rates for schools in the Shippensburg area ranged significantly, from 39 to 85 percent. The following figures are for students who finished in 2015.
- Dickinson College (85%)
- Gettysburg College (83%)
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania (57%)
- Pennsylvania State University-Mont Alto (50%)
- Wilson College (39%)
In summary, by looking at NCES data on some of the schools in the Shippensburg area, you may be able to decide whether one of them offers what you are looking for in a college or university.