Students wanting to complete their college education in Sioux Falls, SD, have around 11 institutions to choose from. The traditional schools are compared here using several facts and statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Sioux Falls, South Dakota
All of the closest schools to Sioux Falls are private institutions. There is only one public school within 10 miles of downtown. Several of the schools offer graduate programs as well as undergraduate programs.
- Kilian Community College (located downtown)
- University of Sioux Falls (2.6 miles from downtown)
- Augustana University (3.1 miles from downtown)
- Colorado Technical University-Sioux Falls (4.5 miles from downtown)
- Globe University-Sioux Falls (4.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The largest schools are a fairly even mix of 2-year and 4-year schools in Sioux Falls. Although the large schools are still relatively small, Sioux Falls does offer schools with fewer than 100 students to schools with more than 1,000 students.
- Southeast Technical Institute (2,332 students)
- Augustana University (1,825 students)
- University of Sioux Falls (1,419 students)
- National American University-Sioux Falls (595 students)
- Kilian Community College (224 students)
Lowest Net Price
One useful method for approximating the cost of attending a given school is to use the NCES's net price statistics. The organization subtracts the average amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students received at a given school in a particular year from the total expenses those students had to pay to attend that school. The following traditional schools had some of the lowest net prices in Sioux Falls, according to the NCES's figures for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Southeast Technical Institute ($12,324)
- National American University-Sioux Falls ($16,713)
- Globe University-Sioux Falls ($17,721)
- Augustana University ($19,276)
- University of Sioux Falls ($20,135)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation and retention rates may be used as indicators of student satisfaction at a given school. The NCES determines a school's graduation rate based on the percentage of full-time undergrad students who graduated from their degree programs within 150% of normal time. Below are the traditional schools in Sioux Falls with some of the highest graduation rates for 2015.
- Augustana University (75% graduation rate)
- University of Sioux Falls (55% graduation rate)
- Southeast Technical Institute (44% graduation rate)
- Globe University-Sioux Falls (33% graduation rate)
- National American University-Sioux Falls (25% graduation rate)
The Sioux Falls, SD, area provides students with a variety of 2-year and 4-year schools that vary in graduation rates, price, size, and location to help students find a school that meets their personal preferences.