Since the lone school found within Somersworth, NH, provides training only for future barbers and cosmetologists, students seeking a wider variety of programs and degree options can find universities and community colleges in the surrounding area. To help students realize what these traditional schools have to offer and decide which one might be the best fit for them, we use the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare schools.
Closest Schools to Somersworth, New Hampshire
The closest schools to Somersworth are mostly a mix of less-than-2-year specialty schools and 4-year institutions. Many of the 4-year institutions offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- University of New Hampshire-Main Campus (9.3 miles from downtown)
- Great Bay Community College (13.6 miles from downtown)
- Southern New Hampshire University (32 miles from downtown)
- Granite State College (33.9 miles from downtown)
- NHTI-Concord's Community College (33.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Somersworth, New Hampshire
The largest schools near Somersworth are almost entirely public schools, three of which are community colleges. Overall, student populations in the area vary from less than 100 students to more than 10,000 students.
- Southern New Hampshire University (61,285 students)
- University of New Hampshire-Main Campus (15,351 students)
- NHTI-Concord's Community College (4,349 students)
- Manchester Community College (2,968 students)
- Great Bay Community College (2,273 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES helps individuals calculate the approximate cost of attending a year of college through its net price statistic. This tool calculates the average amount of financial aid full-time undergrad students were awarded at a college during a given year and subtracts that amount from the total expenses students had to pay that year. According to the NCES's net prices for the 2014-15 school year, the traditional schools in the area ranged from a little over $12,000 to about $34,000.
- Granite State College ($12,473)
- Manchester Community College ($13,423)
- Lakes Region Community College ($13,923)
- Great Bay Community College ($15,255)
- Mount Washington College ($15,806)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES also keeps track of a number of different graduation statistics for most schools in the country. The rates are calculated according to the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who completed their degree programs within 150% of 'normal time' (i.e. within three years at a two-year school or within six years at a four-year school). For 2015, the majority of schools in the area had rates above 40%.
- University of New Hampshire-Main Campus (79% graduation rate)
- Saint Anselm College (73% graduation rate)
- Southern New Hampshire University (58% graduation rate)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester (43% graduation rate)
- Lakes Region Community College (28% graduation rate)
There are several 2-year and 4-year schools near Somersworth, NH, that range in graduation rates, price, size, and location to meet the needs of potential students.