Somerville is located only a few miles of Boston, a city full of both undergraduate and graduate students. If you want to be one of them, learn more about some of your options by looking at data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Somerville, Massachusetts
Because Somerville is only a few miles from Boston, students in the area have easy access to a wide range of schools. There are both public and private school options. You may want to consider these five schools if you're looking for a quick commute.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1.2 miles from downtown)
- Cambridge College (1.5 miles from downtown)
- Harvard University (1.5 miles from downtown)
- Lesley University (1.5 miles from downtown)
- Bunker Hill Community College (1.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Somerville, Massachusetts
In Somerville, you can find five schools that have over sixteen thousand students. If you're intent on attending a large university, these are probably your best options.
- Boston University (32,112 students)
- Harvard University (28,791 students)
- Northeastern University (19,798 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell (17,179 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (16,756 students)
Lowest Net Price
According to 2014-2015 data from the NCES, the following five schools have the lowest net prices for full-time undergraduate students. Net prices are determined by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,384)
- Bunker Hill Community College ($6,842)
- Roxbury Community College ($6,977)
- North Shore Community College ($7,523)
- Massasoit Community College ($7,663)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's graduation rate can give prospective students an idea of the success rate of students at the institution. To calculate this figure, the NCES determines the proportion of full-time undergraduate students who finish within 150% of normal completion time. In Somerville, the following five schools had the highest graduation rates for students finishing in 2015.
- Urban College of Boston (100% graduation rate)
- Laboure College (100% graduation rate)
- Harvard University (98% graduation rate)
- Wellesley College (93% graduation rate)
- Tufts University (93% graduation rate)
In conclusion, it can be helpful to get information about location, student population size, net price, and graduation rate when considering the many schools in the Somerville, Massachusetts area.