The South Jordan, Utah, region is home to numerous postsecondary institutions, including technical institutes, beauty schools and 4-year universities, among others. We train our sights on traditional schools, allowing would-be college students residing near South Jordan to determine if any represent a good academic fit, based on comparisons using information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to South Jordan, Utah
The majority of the schools near South Jordan are specialty schools, but of the traditional schools, most are private institutions. A few of the schools offer graduate-level programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Broadview University-West Jordan (6.6 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University-Salt Lake City (7.4 miles from downtown)
- The Art Institute of Salt Lake City (7.4 miles from downtown)
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (11.3 miles from downtown)
- Eagle Gate College-Murray (11.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near South Jordan, Utah
Schools near South Jordan vary greatly in size. Students looking to attend large schools can choose from mostly 4-year public or private schools in the area.
- Western Governors University (57,821 students)
- University of Utah (31,515 students)
- Utah Valley University (31,332 students)
- Salt Lake Community College (30,248 students)
- Independence University (4,478 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Cost
Cost can be one of the most important factors when considering college options. NCES determines net cost by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost (tuition, fees, room, board, books and other expenses) of attending a school. In the South Jordan area, the net cost of colleges ranges from around $2,000 to slightly over $28,000 for 2014-2015.
- Mountainland Applied Technology College ($2,221)
- Tooele Applied Technology College ($3,480)
- Utah Valley University ($6,565)
- Salt Lake Community College ($7,619)
- Latter-day Saints Business College ($8,583)
Highest Graduation Rate
When comparing colleges, one factor that students should consider is each school's graduation rate. NCES determines graduation rate by examining how many full-time undergraduate students complete their degree programs within 150% of normal time (for example, in six years for a four-year degree). A few schools in South Jordan have graduation rates over 50% for 2015.
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (81% graduation rate)
- University of Utah (64% graduation rate)
- Independence University (63% graduation rate)
- Westminster College (62% graduation rate)
- Broadview University-Orem (53% graduation rate)
Students can help narrow down their school choices in the South Jordan, UT, area by comparing location, size, price and graduation rates to select from multiple 2-year and 4-year schools.