The South Jordan, Utah, region is home to numerous postsecondary institutions, including technical institutes, beauty schools and 4-year universities, among others. We train our sights on traditional schools, allowing would-be college students residing near South Jordan to determine if any represent a good academic fit, based on comparisons using information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to South Jordan, Utah
The majority of the schools near South Jordan are specialty schools, but of the traditional schools, most are private institutions. A few of the schools offer graduate-level programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Argosy University-Salt Lake City (7.4 miles from downtown)
- The Art Institute of Salt Lake City (7.4 miles from downtown)
- Mountainland Technical College (11.3 miles from downtown)
- Eagle Gate College-Murray (11.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near South Jordan, Utah
Schools near South Jordan vary greatly in size. Students looking to attend large schools can choose from mostly 4-year public or private schools in the area.
- Western Governors University (121,437 students)
- Utah Valley University (39,931 students)
- University of Utah (33,023 students)
- Salt Lake Community College (29,156 students)
- Independence University (10,095 students)
Lowest Net Cost
Cost can be one of the most important factors when considering college options. NCES determines net cost by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost (tuition, fees, room, board, books and other expenses) of attending a school. In the South Jordan area, the net cost of colleges ranges from around $6,800 to slightly over $28,000 for 2018-2019.
- Salt Lake Community College ($6,812)
- Utah Valley University ($8,267)
- LDS Business College ($9,587)
- Tooele Technical College ($12,826)
- Mountainland Technical College (NA)
Highest Graduation Rate
When comparing colleges, one factor that students should consider is each school's graduation rate. NCES determines graduation rate by examining how many full-time undergraduate students complete their degree programs within 150% of normal time (for example, in six years for a four-year degree). A few schools in South Jordan have graduation rates over 50% for 2019.
- Mountainland Technical College (70% graduation rate)
- University of Utah (70% graduation rate)
- Westminster College (58% graduation rate)
- Independence University (12% graduation rate)
Students can help narrow down their school choices in the South Jordan, UT, area by comparing location, size, price and graduation rates to select from multiple 2-year and 4-year schools.