Numerous postsecondary options abound in the Southampton, PA, area. This article hones in on several traditional public and private institutions that offer programs in a variety of fields. We categorize these Southampton-area colleges and universities using data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Southampton, Pennsylvania
While there are no schools directly in Southampton, there is a mix of public and private schools to choose from within a 10-mile radius. Most of the closest schools offer undergraduate and graduate degrees as well.
- Bucks County Community College (3.8 miles)
- Strayer University - Pennsylvania (4.5 miles)
- Cairn University - Langhorne (4.7 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington (9.1 miles)
- Delaware Valley University (9.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Southampton, Pennsylvania
The largest traditional schools near Southampton range from around 37,500 students down to about 12,800 students. Larger schools may offer more flexibility for some students. Out of the five largest traditional schools in the area, three are 4-year universities and two are large community colleges.
- Temple University (37,485 students)
- Drexel University (26,359 students)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,806 students)
- Community College of Philadelphia (19,119 students)
- Montgomery County Community College (12,805 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the average net cost for colleges and universities by subtracting the amount of financial aid students typically receive from the total cost of attendance. Many schools in the Southampton area have net prices below $20,000; the following five schools have the lowest reported net prices in 2014-2015 for full-time undergraduates:
- Community College of Philadelphia ($6,442)
- Bucks County Community College ($7,646)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682)
- Pierce College ($7,916)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington ($12,351)
Highest Graduation Rates
The overall graduation rates reported by the NCES represent full-time students who began their studies in 2009 and graduated within 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete their degree program (e.g., six years for a bachelor's degree). These five schools have the highest graduation rates among traditional schools in the Southampton area and are comparatively high with three schools in the 90 percent range:
- University of Pennsylvania (95%)
- Haverford College (90%)
- Villanova University (90%)
- Bryn Mawr College (85%)
- Saint Joseph's University (79%)
There are many schools in the Southampton, PA, area for students to choose from, and depending on whether you value cost, size, location, graduation rates or a mix of these, this article provides the data to help you find your school.