Are you looking to study at a post-secondary institution in or near the city of Springfield, Massachusetts? Continue reading to learn about schools closest to Springfield with the lowest net prices, highest graduation rates, and biggest student populations, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Springfield, Massachusetts
There are over 10 schools located within five miles of downtown Springfield. The following list excludes specialty schools, and should be considered for those looking to study in the downtown area:
- Springfield Technical Community College (located 0.6 miles from downtown)
- American International College (located 2.3 miles from downtown)
- Springfield College (located 2.3 miles from downtown)
- Bay Path University (located 3.8 miles from downtown)
- College of Our Lady of the Elms (located 4.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Springfield, Massachusetts
Four of the largest nearby schools are within a 10-mile radius of downtown Springfield. The schools all featured over 2,700 undergraduates during the 2014-2015 school year.
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst (28,635 students; 22,252 undergraduates)
- Springfield Technical Community College (6,622 students, all undergraduates)
- Holyoke Community College (6,604 students, all undergraduates)
- Westfield State University (6,321 students; 5,590 undergraduates)
- Western New England University (3,922 students; 2,732 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Prices
Three of the schools with the lowest net costs can be found within 10 miles of downtown Springfield. These amounts were calculated using the 2014-2015 school year by taking total program costs and subtracting the financial aid received for full-time undergraduates.
- Holyoke Community College ($6,914)
- Springfield Technical Community College ($7,997)
- Westfield State University ($15,203)
- Amherst College ($16,861)
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst ($19,109)
Highest Graduation Rates
The schools with the best graduation rates are all found within a 22-mile radius of downtown Springfield. These numbers were calculated using 2015 graduation rates for undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of the usual amount of time.
- Amherst College (95% graduation rate)
- Smith College (87% graduation rate)
- Mount Holyoke College (85% graduation rate)
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst (78% graduation rate)
- Springfield College (72% graduation rate)
There are various options in and around Springfield, Massachusetts, for students seeking schools with low net prices, high graduation rates, and large student populations.