Here, we take a closer look at several of the more traditional public and private colleges and universities near Springfield. To help students make informed academic decisions, schools are categorized by location, size, cost and graduation rate based on data obtained from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Closest Schools to Springfield, PA
Aspiring college students living in and around Springfield, PA, have no shortage of options - the area is home to just over 114 postsecondary institutions. Looking at the those traditional schools nearest to Springfield uncovers five within four miles of Springfield.
- Strayer University - Delaware County Campus (0.0 miles)
- Swarthmore College (2.3 miles)
- Delaware County Community College (3.9 miles)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology (4.0 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Brandywine (4.0 miles)
Largest Schools Near Springfield, PA
The largest five traditional schools near Springfield have student populations ranging from around 16,000 to about 37,000 students. Of these, all but one (Community College of Pennsylvania) are 4-year schools.
- Temple University (37,485)
- Drexel University (26,359)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,806)
- Community College of Pennsylvania (19,119)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (16,086)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES finds a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded to in-state or in-district students from the total estimated cost of attendance. While a few schools in the region had net prices below $10,000 in 2014-2015, most had figures above $20,000, according to the NCES for full-time undergraduates.
- Community College of Philadelphia ($6,442)
- Delaware County Community College ($6,686)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682)
- Peirce College ($7,916)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington ($12,351)
Highest Graduation Rate
Overall graduation rates from the NCES are calculated by finding the percentage of full-time students who graduate from their programs within 150% of 'normal' time (e.g. three years for an associate's degree program, six years for bachelor's program). Many of the schools in the area had overall graduation rates above 50%, and the top five traditional institutions all posted figures above 84%, according to NCES data for full-time undergraduates.
- University of Pennsylvania (95%)
- Swarthmore College (94%)
- Haverford College (90%)
- Villanova University (90%)
- Bryn Mawr College (85%)
As we took a look across several criteria areas, we found schools meeting different criteria in the Springfield, PA area that you can use to make a better informed decision about your education.