The Statesboro area has several schools to choose from, which run the gamut from four-year private schools to four-year public schools to two-year technical colleges. Some of these schools have over 20,000 students, while smaller schools can have as few as 1,500. They've been situated into categories based on data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Statesboro, GA
The closest schools to Statesboro, Georgia, are primarily public institutions. Most of these are further than 30 miles away from the town.
- Ogeechee Technical College (Statesboro)
- Georgia Southern University (2.2 miles away in Statesboro)
- East Georgia State College (34.0 miles away Swainsboro)
- Savannah College of Art and Design (35.7 miles away in Savannah)
- Savannah Technical College (47.3 miles away in Savannah)
Largest Schools Near Statesboro, GA
The largest schools near Statesboro are 4-year institutions, where students can work towards undergraduate and graduate degree programs. As of fall 2015, the largest schools had more than 3,000 students.
- Georgia Southern University (20,459 students)
- Savannah College of Art and Design (11,861 students)
- Armstrong State University (7,103 students)
- Savannah Technical College (4,196 students)
- East Georgia State College (3,001 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by deducting the amount of financial aid received by full-time undergraduate students from the total cost of attendance, which includes tuition, fees, books, room and board. Most colleges in the Statesboro area had average net costs of $14,000 or less. The following schools had the lowest net prices for 2014-15, according to the NCES.
- Southeastern Technical College ($4,167)
- Savannah Technical College ($4,523)
- East Georgia State College ($5,744)
- Ogeechee Technical College ($5,821)
- Georgia Southern University ($16,445)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES figures the overall graduation rate for a college or university by calculating the percentage of students who graduate within 150% of the program's 'normal' time (three years for an associate's degree, for instance). Graduation rates vary among Statesboro area colleges, but most were between 25% and 50%. These were the schools with the highest graduation rates, for full-time undergraduate students.
- Savannah College of Art and Design (67% graduation rate)
- Georgia Southern University (50% graduation rate)
- Ogeechee Technical College (45% graduation rate)
- Southeastern Technical College (42% graduation rate)
- Savannah Technical College (33% graduation rate)
These schools in and around Statesboro, Georgia, have been placed into categories based on areas like location and price, to help you choose one that's most suited to you.