Are you interested in pursuing an education in or around Stockbridge, Georgia? Learn about the schools nearest to this city, the schools with the highest student enrollment and the schools with the lowest net price and highest graduation rates, based off data culled from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Stockbridge, Georgia
The largest, traditional schools offering programs closest to Stockbridge include four 4-year institutions and one 2-year college. If you are interested in studying near this particular city, then look into the following schools:
- Clayton State University (located 6.6 miles from Stockbridge)
- Strayer University - Morrow Campus (located 6.6 miles from Stockbridge)
- Strayer University - Lithonia Campus (located 9.1 miles from Stockbridge)
- Georgia Perimeter College (located 9.4 miles from Stockbridge)
- Agnes Scott College (located 15.4 miles from Stockbridge)
Largest Schools near Stockbridge, Georgia
The schools with the most students near Stockbridge are all located less than 20 miles from the city. Three institutions had more than 20,000 students for the 2014-2015 year. For those looking to study in large schools, investigate these options:
- Georgia State University (32,058 students)
- Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus (25,034 students)
- George Perimeter College (21,088 students
- Emory University (13,788 students)
- Clayton State University (7,012 students)
Lowest Net Price
Among the five schools with the lowest net price in 2015, four of the schools offer associate degree programs and one school offers bachelor's degree programs. All five schools had a net cost less than $10,000. The NCES calculates these amounts by finding the total cost of attendance and subtracting the average amount of financial aid that full-time beginning undergraduates receive.
- Atlanta Technical College ($2,948)
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College ($4,192)
- George Perimeter College ($6,285)
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College ($7,695)
- Southern Crescent Technical College ($8,373)
Highest Graduation Rate
For the 2015 year, three private schools and two public schools featured the highest graduation rates among area schools. The NCES determines these percentages by analyzing the number of undergraduate students who graduate within 150% of the typical amount of time for their program.
- Emory University (89% graduation rate)
- Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus (85% graduation rate)
- Spelman College (76% graduation rate)
- Agnes Scott College (68% graduation rate)
- Georgia State University (54% graduation rate)
If you are looking to study in or near Stockbridge, Georgia, you will find schools that are close to the city, as well as numerous options with large student bodies, strong graduation rates, and low net prices.