Aspiring students in the Stratford, Connecticut, area have a wide range of educational opportunities. To find out more about some of the postsecondary schools near the town, check out some information using data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Stratford, Connecticut
Despite the fact that there are no schools within the town limits of Stratford, Connecticut, there are many colleges and universities within close range. If you don't want to travel far, you may want to consider one of the five closest institutions to downtown Stratford.
- Housatonic Community College (4.8 miles from downtown)
- University of Bridgeport (4.8 miles from downtown)
- Sacred Heart University (6.1 miles from downtown)
- Fairfield University (8.1 miles from downtown)
- University of New Haven (9.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Stratford, Connecticut
At a larger school, you may have access to more educational resources and extracurricular activities. The largest schools in the Stratford area are midsize institutions. According to the NCES, these five have the most students.
- Yale University (12,385 students)
- Southern Connecticut State University (10,473 students)
- Quinnipiac University (9,654 students)
- Sacred Heart University (8,235 students)
- Gateway Community College (7,980 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by determining the total cost for full-time undergraduate students and subtracting the average amount of financial aid award. If cost is an important factor in your college decision, you may want to consider one of the following schools, which had the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Housatonic Community College ($4,759 per year)
- Naugatuck Valley Community College ($6,196 per year)
- University of Connecticut-Tri-Campus ($6,442 per year)
- Gateway Community College ($6,647 per year)
- University of Connecticut-Stamford ($6,915 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
According to the NCES, a school's graduation rate is the proportion of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of normal time. This figure can be a key indicator of the educational quality of a college or university. Based on data from students who finished in 2015, these five Stratford-area schools had the highest graduation rates.
- Yale University (97%)
- Fairfield University (82%)
- Quinnipiac University (76%)
- Sacred Heart University (64%)
- Albertus Magnus College (61%)
In conclusion, the Stratford, Connecticut area has a lot to offer students who want to pursue higher education.