In order to decide whether one of the institutions near Suffield, Connecticut is right for you, it can be helpful to look comparisons of several of these schools using data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Suffield, Connecticut
There are no schools directly in the town of Suffield, Connecticut, but with Hartford only 16 miles to the south, there are still plenty of schools in the area. These five specialty schools are the shortest distance from Suffield.
- Asnuntuck Community College (4.2 miles away)
- University of Hartford (15.0 miles away)
- University of Saint Joseph (15.0 miles away)
- Capital Community College (15.5 miles)
- Manchester Community College (16.0 miles)
Largest Schools Near Suffield, Connecticut
Institutions that have larger student populations may be able to provide their students with a wider range of academic and extracurricular opportunities. In the Suffield area, you can find one very large public university and a few midsize schools. Check out the five largest institutions in the area.
- University of Connecticut (27,412 students)
- Central Connecticut State University (11,822 students)
- University of Hartford (6,770 students)
- Manchester Community College (6,003 students)
- Tunxis Community College (3,902 students)
Lowest Net Price
The cost of an education is an important consideration for many prospective college students. The NCES determines the net price for a school by taking the total cost for a full-time undergraduate student and subtracting the average financial aid award. If you are concerned about college affordability, you may want to consider one of these five community colleges, which had the lowest net prices for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College ($6,967 per year)
- Manchester Community College ($7,312 per year)
- Tunxis Community College ($7,732 per year)
- Capital Community College ($7,754 per year)
- Asnuntuck Community College ($7,982 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES reports graduation rates based on the percentage of students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal program completion time. The following five Suffield-are schools have the highest graduation rates, based on data from full-time undergraduate students who finished in 2019.
- University of Connecticut (84%)
- Trinity College (83%)
- University of Hartford (59%)
- Central Connecticut State University (57%)
- University of Saint Joseph (55%)
In summary, even though there are no post-secondary institutions within the town of Suffield, CT, there are a variety of options not far away that vary depending on size, net price, and graduation rates.