The only school located in Suitland, MD, is a private for-profit university. However, many public and private non-profit schools are located nearby, quite a few of which are across state lines in Virginia. This article compares a few of the Maryland-based public and private non-profit schools within 25 miles of Suitland by the following categories:
Closest Schools to Suitland, Maryland
If you are looking to avoid a long commute but live in Suiltland, it's not a problem. Here are five schools that are within 15 miles of downtown.
- Prince George's Community College (8.8 miles from downtown)
- University of Maryland-College Park (10.8 miles from downtown)
- University of Maryland-University College (11 miles from downtown)
- Washington Adventist University (11.2 miles from downtown)
- Bowie State University (14 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Suitland, Maryland
For some, being around a lot of people is important, thus being on a populated campus is important. For others, they may find find large campuses distracting. Either way, here are the five largest schools near Suitland, MD, as of 2015.
- University of Maryland-University College (50,248 enrolled students)
- University of Maryland-College Park (38,140 enrolled students)
- Montgomery College (25,320 enrolled students)
- Prince George's Community College (13,228 enrolled students)
- College of Southern Maryland (8,166 enrolled students)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
First-time students should pay close attention to the net cost of attending a school. The NCES determines net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid an undergraduate receives from the average yearly cost of total undergraduate expenses. In this category, the five Suitland-area schools with the lowest net prices for full-time undergraduate students for the 2014-2015 academic year are:
- Montgomery College ($7,729)
- Prince George's Community College ($7,986)
- College of Southern Maryland ($8,570)
- Bowie State University ($12,248)
- University of Maryland-University College ($12,429)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
Prospective undergraduate students can look at schools' graduation rates to help determine the overall quality of education. It's important to note that these rates are for first-time, full-time undergraduates who graduated within 150% of normal time--for a bachelor's program, that would be six years or less. The following schools had the highest graduation rates of the schools near Suitland, according to the NCES in 2015.
- University of Maryland-College Park (86% graduation rate)
- St John's College (71% graduation rate)
- Bowie State University (41% graduation rate)
- Washington Adventist University (36% graduation rate)
- Capitol Technology University (35% graduation rate)
Use this information to inform decisions on which schools to apply to if you want to attend a college or university near Suitland, MD.