If you're interested in getting an undergraduate or graduate degree in the Summerdale, Pennsylvania, area, data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) can be very useful.
Closest Schools to Summerdale, Pennsylvania
Summerdale, an unincorporated township near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, is home to only one college, but there are several public and private universities only a few miles away. The following are the five closest traditional schools.
- Central Penn College (0.0 miles)
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg (2.9 miles)
- Messiah College (6.4 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg (12.0 miles)
- Dickinson College (15.5 miles)
Largest Schools near Summerdale, Pennsylvania
At a larger school, you have access to a wider range of academic and extracurricular opportunities, but many smaller schools offer more personalized learning environments. In the Summerdale area, you can choose between a large community college and several small colleges and universities.
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg (19,121 students)
- Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg (4,678 students)
- Messiah College (3,302 students)
- Dickinson College (2,420 students)
- Lebanon Valley College (1,918 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates the net price for a school by taking the annual cost of attendance and subtracting the average financial aid package for a full-time undergraduate student. For the 2014-2015 academic year, these Summerdale-area schools were the least expensive.
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg ($9,750 per year)
- Central Penn College ($16,443 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg ($20,593 per year)
- Messiah College ($26,307 per year)
- Lebanon Valley College ($26,478 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
In order to determine the graduation rate for a school, the NCES looks at the percentage of students who graduate within 150% of the normal time for their program. Data from students who finished in 2015 indicates that these were the five schools in the Summerdale area that had the highest graduation rates.
- Dickinson College (85%)
- Elizabethtown College (78%)
- Messiah College (77%)
- Lebanon Valley College (74%)
- Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg (64%)
In summary, students who are looking for non-specialty schools near Summerdale, Pennsylvania have several educational institutions to choose from.