Although the number of schools located in and around Sunbury is quite small, both public and private not-for-profit options do exist. The data on these schools comes from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Sunbury, PA
The closest schools to Sunbury are all within 20 miles of the town. The ones that are within 10 miles are private institutions.
- Susquehanna University (4.6 miles away in Selinsgrove)
- Bucknell University (8.7 miles away in Lewisburg)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (20.4 miles away in Bloomsburg)
Largest Schools Near Sunbury, PA
The largest school near Sunbury is a 4-year public school. The private institutions had less than 4,000 students, as of fall 2015.
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (9,737 students)
- Bucknell University (3,625 students)
- Susquehanna University (2,199 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Students may also consider cost when evaluating potential schools. NCES calculates net price by subtracting the average amount of grants or scholarship aid from the total cost of attending a school in the 2014-2015 academic year. These numbers represent the lowest net price for full-time undergraduates.
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania ($16,031)
- Susquehanna University ($27,783)
- Bucknell University ($35,677)
Highest Graduation Rate
NCES calculates graduation rates by totaling the number of full-time undergraduate students who started 4-year programs in 2009 and completed their degree or certificate within 150% of 'normal time' projected (e.g., 6 years for a bachelor's degree). This gives prospective students a good idea about the schools' overall success.
- Bucknell University (90% graduation rate)
- Susquehanna University (71% graduation rate)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (62% graduation rate)
Although the Sunbury, Pennsylvania, area only has a three colleges to choose from within a 25-mile radius, all of which are 4-year universities, we've organized them into important categories for your consideration.