The Sunset Hills, Missouri, region holds numerous postsecondary training options for aspiring students, including private for-profit colleges, health career institutes, religious seminaries and more traditional colleges and universities. We use data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare the traditional institutions in the area, allowing readers to more closely see which college or university could be the right choice.
Closest Schools to Sunset Hills, Missouri
Some students may want to attend school near home, a place of work, or a city center. Below, we've listed the five schools closest to Sunset Hills.
- Webster University (4.5 miles from downtown)
- Fontbonne University (8.4 miles from downtown)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis (8.5 miles from downtown)
- Missouri Baptist University (8.5 miles from downtown)
- Washington University in St Louis (9.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Sunset Hills, Missouri
Students wishing to attend a larger institution have mostly 4-year schools to choose from in the Sunset Hills area. However, the largest school in the area is a 2-year community college. Overall, the area offers 15 schools with more than 1,000 students.
- Saint Louis Community College (18,902 students)
- Saint Louis University (17,047 students)
- University of Missouri-St Louis (16,738 students)
- Webster University (15,256 students)
- Washington University in St Louis (14,688 students)
Lowest Net Price
According to the NCES, a school's net price is determined by subtracting the average financial aid package full-time undergraduate students receive from the yearly in-state tuition and fees. There are several lower cost schools as well as several higher cost schools in the Sunset Hills area. Community colleges in the area had some of the lowest net prices for 2014-2015.
- St Charles Community College ($3,777)
- Jefferson College ($5,494)
- Saint Louis Community College ($7,453)
- University of Missouri-St Louis ($8,158)
- Harris-Stowe State University ($9,172)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES determines graduation rates by looking at full-time undergrad students who have finished their educational programs within 150% of the normal time frame. The highest graduation rate amongst the traditional schools near Sunset Hills was 93% for 2015.
- Washington University in St Louis (93% graduation rate)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis (71% graduation rate)
- Saint Louis University (71% graduation rate)
- Webster University (62% graduation rate)
- Fontbonne University (54% graduation rate)
The Sunset Hills, MO, area has plenty of 2-year and 4-year school options for students searching for schools with close proximity to downtown, large student populations, low net prices, and high graduation rates.