Students in Superior, WI, have a limited number of school options available within the surrounding area. We compare the four traditional institutions in the area using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students find the school that best fits their educational needs.
Closest Schools to Superior, Wisconsin
The four closest schools to Superior are an even split of 2-year and 4-year institutions. The 2-year schools include a community college and a technical college.
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (located downtown)
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College (55.8 miles from downtown)
- Northland College (57.3 miles from downtown)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (65.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Superior, Wisconsin
The two largest schools near Superior are both public institutions and each have over 2,000 students, for those students looking to attend a bigger school. Only one school in the area offers graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (2,894 students)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (2,497 students)
- Northland College (541 students)
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College (371 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES reports the net price of schools by subtracting the average amount of financial aid that a full-time undergrad receives from the total cost of attendance. Net prices in the Superior area were all less than $20,000 for 2014-2015.
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College ($9,353)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior ($11,222)
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College ($12,545)
- Northland College ($19,191)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES calculates a school's overall graduation rate by identifying the number of full-time, beginning undergraduate students who completed their chosen programs within 150% of the normal time required. By attending schools with higher graduation rates, students may be more likely to complete their programs. All schools in the area had rates of 40% or greater for 2015.
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (59% graduation rate)
- Northland College (58% graduation rate)
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College (57% graduation rate)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (40% graduation rate)
Despite only having four traditional schools in the area, Superior, WI, still provides students with options for schools with high graduation rates, low net prices, large student populations, and close proximity to downtown.