Only traditional schools offering a variety of fields of study were evaluated. This included four public schools, two private, not-for-profit schools and three private, for-profit schools.
Closest Schools to Tallahassee, Florida
If you are interested in attending a school in Tallahassee or nearby, there are several good choices. In fact, there at least 5 schools located within 5 miles of downtown Tallahassee.
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (located 2 miles from downtown)
- Florida State University (3 miles from downtown)
- Tallahassee Community College (4 miles from downtown)
- Flagler College-Tallahassee (4 miles from downtown)
- Lively Technical Center (4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Tallahassee, Florida
Several schools in the Tallahassee area have large student populations if size is important to you. Most of the larger schools are 4-year schools, offering undergraduate and graduate programs. These five schools are the largest in the Tallahassee area.
- Florida State University (40,830 students)
- Tallahassee Community College (12,445 students)
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (9,928 students)
- Lively Technical Center (694 students)
- Flagler College-Tallahassee (442 students)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
The NCES computes the average net price for first-time undergraduates who attend classes full-time by subtracting the average amount of grant or scholarship aid students receive from the annual total cost of the school (2014-2015). These five schools offer reasonable tuition and are located close to town.
- Tallahassee Community College ($4,307)
- Lively Technical Center ($9,340)
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University ($11,112)
- Florida State University ($16,708)
- ITT Technical Institute-Tallahassee ($23,553)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
Overall graduation rates reported by NCES show the percentage of full-time, first-time students completing their programs within 150% of 'normal time,' such as a bachelor's degree in six years. The graduation rates of these five schools are the highest in the area.
- Florida State University (79% graduation rate)
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (39% graduation rate)
- Lively Technical Center (39% graduation rate)
- Tallahassee Community College (35% graduation rate)
If the location, price, size and graduation rates are important to you, these schools may be right for you.