Aspiring students can find two-year and four-year institutions in the area around Tewksbury. Here, you can learn about some of them by evaluating information collected by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES_.
Closest Schools to Tewksbury, Massachusetts
While there are no non-specialty schools in the city of Tewksbury itself, there are many colleges and universities that are only a short commute away. Students who want to go to school in the area can choose between both public and private universities.
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell (6.6 miles from downtown)
- Middlesex Community College (8.0 miles from downtown)
- Merrimack College (8.3 miles from downtown)
- Tufts University (13.8 miles from downtown)
- Bentley University (14.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Attending a university with a large student population can expose you to new people with many different opinions and experiences. There are several large private and public universities near Tewksbury.
- Boston University (32,112 students)
- Harvard University (28,791 students)
- Northeastern University (19,798 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell (17,179 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (16,756 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The cost of attending school can be an important part of the decision-making process. In order to determine net price, the NCES determines the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate and subtracts from that number the average amount of financial aid. Check out the five schools near Tewksbury with the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,384 per year)
- Bunker Hill Community College ($6,842 per year)
- Roxbury Community College ($6,977 per year)
- North Shore Community College ($7,523 per year)
- Northern Essex Community College ($8,440 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The graduation rate of a school can be a good indicator of the educational success of most students. The graduation rates used by NCES are determined by counting all full-time undergraduate students who graduate within 150% of the normal amount of time allotted for their chosen programs. The schools in the Tewksbury area with the highest graduation rates (for students finishing in 2015) all had rates of at least 93 percent.
- Urban College of Boston (100%)
- Harvard University (98%)
- Wellesley College (93%)
- Tufts University (93%)
- Boston College (92%)
With over 100 schools to choose from, the Tewksbury area has much to offer potential undergraduate and graduate students through criteria like location to downtown, graduation rate, net price and student population.