Tigard, OR, and the surrounding 25-mile area offers a wide variety of public and private schools for students to attend. Read through details about the top five schools in four different categories, like proximity to downtown, to help find a school to align with your preferences. All of the information is based on statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Tigard, Oregon
There are mostly private schools found closest to the downtown area of Tigard. The closest two schools are less than five miles from downtown. These schools offer undergraduate certificates, associate's, or bachelor's degrees, and some offer graduate degree programs.
- Lewis & Clark College (3.7 miles from downtown)
- Portland Community College (3.7 miles from downtown)
- Portland State University (5.7 miles from downtown)
- Marylhurst University (6.9 miles from downtown)
- Reed College (7.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Tigard, Oregon
The largest schools near Tigard are mostly public schools, with three of the top five being community colleges. Students can select from schools with a population close to 7,000, all the way up to populations over 30,000 students.
- Portland Community College (30,929 students)
- Portland State University (27,696 students)
- Mt Hood Community College (9,276 students)
- Concordia University-Portland (7,435 students)
- Clackamas Community College (7,302 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES reported the net price and tuition for schools in the Tigard, OR, area. The net price is from 2014-2015 and is determined by taking the total cost of attendance and then subtracting the average amount of government or institutional aid given for full-time undergraduates. The net price for the three most affordable schools ranged from around $5,000 to around $18,000.
- Clackamas Community College ($5,227)
- Mt Hood Community College ($7,424)
- Portland Community College ($8,754)
- Portland State University ($13,476)
- Reed College ($19,192)
Highest Graduation Rate
Before selecting a school, students may want to consider the success rate. The three schools with the highest overall graduation rates in the Tigard area had percentages ranging from 78%-88%, according to the NCES. The rates reflect the percentage of full-time undergraduates who began their studies in fall 2009 and completed their program within 150% of normal graduation time (e.g., six years for a bachelor's degree).
- Reed College (82% graduation rate)
- University of Portland (78% graduation rate)
- Lewis & Clark College (72% graduation rate)
- Pacific University (71% graduation rate)
- George Fox University (70% graduation rate)
Students wishing to study near Tigard, OR, can select from several 2-year or 4-year public or private institutions, and they may want to consider one of the schools with the lowest net price, the highest graduation rate, the largest size or the closest location to Tigard.