Students in the Tinley Park area have a number of choices when it comes to selecting a college or university. To help students make an informed choice, we've compiled the schools into sections based on data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Tinley Park, IL
The closest schools to Tinley Park are all within 11 miles of the town. These are 2-year public schools and 4-year public and private non-profit institutions.
- Trinity Christian College (5.7 miles from Tinley Park)
- Moraine Valley Community College (8.9 miles from Tinley Park)
- Saint Xavier University (8.9 miles from Tinley Park)
- South Suburban College (9.9 miles from Tinley Park)
- Prairie State College (10.6 miles from Tinley Park)
Largest Schools Near Tinley Park, IL
Similarly, the largest schools near Tinley Park are 2-year public schools and 4-year public and private non-profits. Most of the largest institutions had more than 15,000 students as of fall 2015.
- University of Illinois at Chicago (29,048 students)
- College of DuPage (28,678 students)
- DePaul University (23,539 students)
- University of Chicago (15,391 students)
- Moraine Valley Community College (15,016 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the net cost for colleges and universities by subtracting the amount of financial aid that students typically receive from the total cost of attendance. The NCES reported that the following schools had the lowest net prices among such schools during the 2014-2015 school year for full-time undergraduates.
- Morton College ($3,999)
- Moraine Valley Community College ($4,573)
- South Suburban College ($4,608)
- Joliet Junior College ($4,856)
- Triton College ($5,274)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates reported by the NCES represent full-time undergraduate students who began their studies in 2009 and graduated within 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete their degree program (e.g., six years for a bachelor's degree). The following schools had the highest graduation rates among traditional, public and private not-for-profit schools in the area.
- University of Chicago (92% graduation rate)
- Illinois Institute of Technology (73% graduation rate)
- DePaul University (73% graduation rate)
- North Central College (67% graduation rate)
- Elmhurst College (67% graduation rate)
To engender an easier decision-making process on your part, we've listed some of the public and private non-profit colleges around Tinley Park into categories based on affordability, distance from the city, graduation rates, and net cost.