Prospective architecture students have quite a few schools and programs to choose from. Some of the most notable offer bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs that provide students with unique opportunities to cultivate their architectural knowledge.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Architectural History
- Architectural Technology
- Environmental Design
- Interior Architecture
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban and Regional Planning
Architecture programs are available at the undergraduate and graduate levels at colleges and universities across the United States. Princeton University, Yale University and Carnegie Mellon University offer architecture programs that are notable for their state-of-the-art facilities, program specializations and opportunities for hands-on learning.
Princeton University in Princeton, NJ
|School Highlight: This university's architecture school has been in existence for almost 100 years.|
Princeton's School of Architecture has modern facilities that include two architectural laboratories, with equipment available for computer-aided design, model making, materials testing and structural analysis. The school offers various study abroad programs to students, including an architecture program at the University of Hong Kong. Intern programs are also offered in places like China, Malaysia, Rwanda and Brazil. Princeton offers both undergraduate and graduate architecture programs, including a Bachelor of Architecture, a Master of Architecture and a Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture.
Yale University in New Haven, CT
|School Highlight: The School of Architecture at Yale University offers a free weekly lecture series.|
The Yale School of Architecture offers a Bachelor of Arts in Architecture and several graduate architecture programs, including a Master of Architecture (M.Arch), a Ph.D. in Architecture and several joint-degree programs. First-year graduate students participate in Yale's longstanding Building Project, which began in 1967; these students design and construct a functional structure, such as an affordable single-family home.
Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA
|School Highlight: This school offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in addition to pre-college and study abroad programs|
The School of Architecture at Carnegie Mellon University offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs that prepare students to find solutions to complex architecture problems we face in today's world. The program offers degrees and specializations in sustainable design, urban design, building performance and more. There are also undergraduate minors in such areas as architecture history and architecture technology.
Top Architecture Programs
The list bellow highlights some more great architecture schools that offer something unique. Check to see if any of them stand out to you as a school you'd be interested in:
- The architecture department at Columbia University, in New York, NY, participates in Studio-X, a global, collaborative creativity project.
- Students at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY, can study at the College of Architecture, Art and Planning's campuses in New York City and Rome.
- Rice University in Houston, TX, allows students to study at the Rice School of Architecture (RSA) Paris satellite campus.
- University of California - Berkeley students have access to the Cal Design Lab, an interdisciplinary space for design exploration and collaboration.
- The University of California - Los Angeles offers a one-year, intensive post-graduate M.Arch Suprastudio program available for students with an advanced architectural studies background.
- The University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign features an architecture study abroad program in Barcelona, Spain.
- The School of Architecture at the University of Notre Dame in Notre Dame, Indiana, offers an undergraduate program in furniture design.
Given there are so many different types of architecture, it should come as no surprise that there are many programs in the field that offer unique, sometimes international, educational opportunities. The programs mentioned here offer their students some of the best educational experiences in the field.