Graduate students who are interested in corporate communication usually enroll in master's degree programs. Programs can go by different titles as well, including business communication or public relations.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Business Communications, General
- International Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
Graduate school programs in corporate or business communication can be found at the University of St. Thomas, Barry University and CUNY Baruch College, among others. Each of these three schools received high rankings from U.S. News & World Report or the Princeton Review for 2017. Students can choose from a variety of course options to customize their communications degree based on their interests.
University of St. Thomas in Saint Paul, Minnesota
|School Highlight: The Master of Business Communication program requires students to complete 15 courses and a capstone project that involves extensive communication research.|
The University of St. Thomas is a private Catholic school that was named a 'Best Midwestern College' in 2017 by the Princeton Review. The college offers a Master of Business Communication for students interested in corporate communication and media management careers with businesses, nonprofit agencies and other organizations. The program includes courses in data analysis, communication law and research, communication ethics, marketing management and organizational behavior.
Barry University in Miami, Florida
|School Highlight: In addition to a master's degree program in public relations and corporate communication, the university offers a 15-credit-hour graduate certificate in public relations with evening class options.|
In 2017, Barry University was ranked among the top 30 most racially diverse schools in the country by U.S. News and World Report. The Department of Communication at Barry offers a Master of Arts (MA) in Public Relations and Corporate Communication.
The core of the program features courses in communication law, research and theory, while students choose electives based on their areas of interest. Elective courses are offered in media management and programming, campaigns and social media.
CUNY Baruch College in New York, NY
|School Highlight: MA in Corporate Communication courses are offered in the evenings; students can earn the degree in three semesters.|
For 2017, U.S. News & World Report ranked CUNY Baruch College 20th among regional universities in the North. The school's MA in Corporate Communication program is designed primarily for working professionals - the majority of students in the program work full-time. Applicants should be aware that a minimum undergrad GPA of 3.0 is required for admission. To graduate, students need to complete five courses and either a thesis or capstone project.
Top Corporate Communications Programs
The following schools also have strong corporate communications offerings:
- Bentley University in Waltham, MA, offers graduate courses in managerial communication and argumentation strategies for business, but no full graduate degree in corporate communications.
- The global MBA program at Concordia University in Mequon, WI, has a concentration option in corporate communication; courses are offered in accelerated and distance learning formats.
- Students in the MA in Communication Management program at Emerson College in Boston, MA, can focus on either political communication or public relations and stakeholder communication.
- The corporate communication master's degree program at Lindenwood University in Saint Charles, MO, is accelerated, and courses are offered in the evening.
- At Manhattanville College in Purchase, NY, core courses include communication ethics, social media and business strategy.
- Roosevelt University in Chicago, IL, offers an MS program in marketing communications that focuses more on practical application as opposed to theory.
For students interested in corporate communications, graduate study options are available at nationally and regionally ranked colleges and universities. They can cover a wide variety of topics within the field.