Students all over the world come to the U.S. to study business; however, only a few schools offer top-notch business training. The following schools have been ranked as the best business schools presently in the United States.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Business Economics
- Business Finance
- Business Management and Operations
- Business Marketing
- Business Support and Administrative Services
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information System Management
- International Business
- Sales and Merchandising
- Specialized Sales
The featured four universities below offer some of the top-rated MBA programs in the nation. Individuals seeking to earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at these schools can study advanced topics in finance, marketing, management and operations. Students often can concentrate in a particular business specialty, such as organizational behavior or entrepreneurship. The schools below were recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the top schools for a Master of Business Administration for 2016.
Harvard University in Cambridge, MA
|School Highlight: Harvard Business school boasts the ability to prepare MBA students for leadership roles and real-world challenges in the global business environment.|
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Harvard University's graduate business program #1 in the country. Through the Harvard Business School, students can earn an MBA with different initiatives, electives and also through section-learning which offers the opportunity to study the curriculum of an MBA with a 'section' of 90 students. A year-long, three-part course is also offered as a Field Immersion Experiences for Leadership Development (FIELD) program. Joint-degrees are available for students to earn a JD/MBA, MD/MBA or DMD/MBA.
Stanford University in Stanford, CA
|School Highlight: Stanford University boasts at least ten programs and specialties listed in the top ten by U.S. News & World Report for 2016.|
Stanford University on the west coast has been ranked one of the top MBA programs throughout the country. The Graduate School of Business at Stanford University offers a plethora of departments and concentrations for business students - over 20. They also boast an almost 72% employment rate upon graduation from the program.
University of Chicago in Chicago, IL
|School Highlight: Seven faculty members at the university's Booth School of Business have won Nobel Prizes.|
Through the Chicago Booth School of Business, students can enroll in full or part-time MBA programs, with classes taken in the evening or on the weekends. This top business school also offers an Executive MBA program, where students can attend classes in Chicago, London or Hong Kong. Focused areas of study in the Executive Program include corporate finance, entrepreneurship, and marketing.
University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia (Wharton), PA
|School Highlight: the University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) is presently listed in the top ten MBA programs by U.S. News & World Report for 2016 and claims the honor of being the first U.S. business school.|
The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania is considered one of the top MBA programs. Wharton offers several dual degrees with Penn Law Schools and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Leadership training is available locally with hands-on experience by getting involved at 25 research centers as well as over 150 organizations all on campus.
Top MBA Programs
Now let's look at other top programs from around the country.
- At New York University in New York City, three faculty members from NYU's Stern School of Business have won the Nobel Prize.
- The University of California in Berkeley, CA offers business students a global focus, allowing them to study abroad or act as consultants through the International Business Development program.
- The University of Georgia located in Athens, GA offers full-time, professional and executive MBA programs.
- Ann Arbor is the home of the University of Michigan, which was ranked #12 on U.S. News & World Report's 2016 list for best graduate business schools (#6 for both executive MBA and #5 part-time MBA).
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill offers the Kenan Institute and Hodges Leadership Center as well as centers in real estate, entrepreneurial studies and global business.
- At the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, a one-week mandatory orientation program is required before classes begin for MBA students.
Harvard, Stanford, the University of Chicago, and the University of Pennsylvania offer the highest ranked MBA programs in the country. Many schools offer consistently top departments and specialties in international business or law which also rank them as some of the best in the nation.