There are many options for trade schools within Pennsylvania. Learn about graduation rates, proximity to large cities, student populations, and net prices for a number of them to help you choose where to enroll, with information provided by the National Center for Education Statistics.
Pennsylvania Trade Schools Near Large Cities
Attending school within a large city can be appealing to some students. For trade schools, this can be even more valuable, as a larger city means greater employment opportunities after graduation. According to the NCES classifications, a few examples of trade schools within Pennsylvania's large cities are:
- Brightwood Career Institute - Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh)
- Philadelphia Technician Training (Philadelphia)
- Dean Institute of Technology (Pittsburgh)
- Orleans Technical Institute (Philadelphia)
- Triangle Tech Inc - Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh)
Largest Trade Schools in Pennsylvania
A school with a larger number of students often has a more diverse amount of activities and student services offered on campus. Trade schools, though, are often on the smaller side due to their specialized nature. Even so, there are still several fairly large schools within Pennsylvania. These are the five largest trade schools in the state according to the 2015 enrollment data provided by the NCES.
- Pennsylvania College of Technology (5,514)
- Pittsburgh Technical Institute (1,936)
- McCann School of Business & Technology (1,812)
- Universal Technical Institute of Pennsylvania Inc (1,518)
- YTI Career Institute - York (1,421)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
Lowest Net Price
Choosing to invest in your education carries the cost of tuition, books, and other education materials. Thankfully, the NCES College Navigator provides the average net price that students paid while attending schools throughout the United States during the 2014-2015 academic school year. These are the five lowest net prices for trade schools in Pennsylvania with regard to full-time undergraduates.
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology ($4,701)
- Susquehanna County Career and Technology Center ($5,134)
- Laurel Business Institute ($6,484)
- York County School of Technology - Adult & Continuing Education ($7,475)
- Somerset County Technology Center ($8,242)
Highest Graduation Rate
Prospective applicants should analyze the graduation rates of schools to understand the academic success students achieved while enrolled. These percentages can provide insight into which schools are deeply dedicated to seeing their students complete their education. These are the highest graduation rates among undergraduates at trade schools who enrolled by 2012 (NCES).
- Penn Commercial Business/Technical School (94%)
- Triangle Tech Inc - Greensburg (90%)
- Philadelphia Technician Training (90%)
- Forbes Road Career and Technology Center (90%)
- Dean Institute of Technology (89%)
While learning about trade schools in Pennsylvania, remember to consider net prices, student populations, locations, and graduation rates in order to make informed decision as to which school works best for you.